I just unboxed my Devkit and followed the instructions in the linux CLI to install the package for the GUI, i did all that and rebooted to so the changes could take effect and run the GUI for Ubuntu. I get to the desktop GUI login but when i put nvidia password in or ubuntu psswd in goes to a linux crash or boot error screen. Can anyone help with trying to get me back to the original CLI.
Which release did you install? Do you have serial console access? See:
Newer releases did make it so you need to create the account on first boot, rather than having pre-existing accounts. In the case of the account existing, then we’d need to know if:
- The filesystem type from the host is ext4 at the flash software location.
- If the image was truncated from lack of space on the host.
- To answer both of those first two, use "df -H -T /where/ever/you/flashed/from.
- If you get ssh or serial console access, does this run without error:
sha1sum -c /etc/nv_tegra_release
- Was the host PC running native Ubuntu, or a VM?
- Which release (JetPack/SDK Manager/L4T) did you use?
- Is your monitor native HDMI without any special adapters?
- Is there anything special about the monitor?