No Xavier fan on Jetpack 5.0.1

After flash AGX Xavier to Jetpack 5.0.1. No fan was found in /sys/device. At the same time, “Jetson Power GUI” show no fan. However, every time I reboot the Xavier, the fan will work for a while.

Please check if any connection issue on your device.

hello live459745355,

did you meant the fan only rotate during the system boot-up? it’s normal due to the default settings.

the fan speed step is associated with the trip point temperature.
please check the configuration file, i.e. /etc/nvpmodel/nvpmodel_t194.conf, and changing the default fan mode.
here’s documentation for your reference, Fan Mode Configuration.
thanks

Hi,

In the case of Jetpack 5.0.1, the fan is controlled by the files of /etc/nvpower/nvfancontrol folder? Xavier case, edit the file ‘nvfancontrol_p2888.conf’ the parameter FAN_DEFAULT_PROFILE from quiet to cool, for example.

hello k-hamada,

yes, nvfancontrol is a userspace fan speed control daemon used by Orin.
you may configure the default fan profile by… /etc/nvfancontrol.conf.

Do you make a distinction between daemon and the config file for it?

hello k-hamada,

may I know what’s the failure you seen, we’ve tested it and nvfancontrol work normally.

may I know what’s the failure you seen

What do you want to say?

please check the configuration file, i.e. /etc/nvpmodel/nvpmodel_t194.conf, and changing the default fan mode.

Did you check it with Jetpack 5.0.1 ?

we’ve tested it and nvfancontrol work normally.

My Xavier fan is working fine on Jetpack 5.0.1 with the method as described above.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.