Not possible to install Jetpack 4.2 or 4.2.1 sdk on Jetson TX2

There is a following error during the installation at %30 on SDK Jetpack 4.2 installation. Is there any solution?

TERMINAL
19:20:14 INFO : File System and OS : download /home/doruk/Downloads/jetpack4.2/sdkm_downloads/Tegra_Linux_Sample-Root-Filesystem_R32.1.0_aarch64.tbz2 successfully, checksum is correct
19:20:14 INFO : File System and OS : download ‘File System and OS’ success
19:20:14 ERROR : Unavailable components detected, please check log
19:20:14 ERROR : VisionWorks on Host Skipped. Due to its dependencies fail to install: OpenCV on Host,
19:20:14 ERROR : File System and OS Skipped. Due to its dependencies fail to install: Drivers for Jetson TX2 & TX2i,
19:20:15 ERROR : Flash skipped due to component(s) download/install failure

Linux Terminal [u][/u]
Gtk-Message: GtkDialog mapped without a transient parent. This is discouraged.

Hello,

I have same problem as you. Did you solve it?

No, I could not solve it.

Are you connecting to the internet through a proxy or firewall? If internet failures exist, then you’d see missing components. If one component you have depends on a missing component, then the chain would fail. You might want to mention version and post an export of logs (if you hover your mouse over the quote icon of one of your existing posts, then you will see a paper clip icon show up which can be used to attach files…just use a “.txt” file name suffix).

Hi, I am facing the same issue. In the logs I could see “Failed to fetch http://in.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/dists/xenial/main/dep11/icons-64x64.tar” where a valid link is “http://in.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/dists/xenial/main/dep11/Components-amd64.yml.gz”. Where do I edit so that it points to the correct link?

sdk manager: 0.9.14.4961
Internet without proxy (30mpbs download speed)

These are the list of errors I see in debug logs:

13:23:23 ERROR : Drivers for Jetson TX2 & TX2i : E

13:23:23 ERROR : Drivers for Jetson TX2 & TX2i : : There were unauthenticated packages and -y was used without --allow-unauthenticated

13:23:23 ERROR : Drivers for Jetson TX2 & TX2i : Run commands failed at step Install: command /tmp/tmp_NV_L4T_DRIVERS_TX2_COMP.sh finished with error

13:23:23 ERROR : Drivers for Jetson TX2 & TX2i : command terminated with error

13:23:23 ERROR : install ‘Drivers for Jetson TX2 & TX2i’ failure, command < cd ‘/home/ubuntu/jetson/jetpack_build/JetPack_4.2_Linux_P3310’ ; ‘/opt/nvidia/sdkmanager/resources/app/output/installUtils/adapter’ -a=‘install’ -c=‘==’ -i=‘NV_L4T_DRIVERS_TX2_COMP’ -v=‘32.1’ -l=‘/home/ubuntu/jetson/jetpack_build/JetPack_4.2_Linux_P3310’ -L=‘/home/ubuntu/.nvsdkm/logs/JetPack_4.2_Linux’ -p=‘13251’ -t=‘P3310’ -e=‘/home/ubuntu/jetson/jetpack_download/Jetson_Linux_R32.1.0_aarch64.tbz2’ > terminated with error

13:23:38 ERROR : Unavailable components detected, please check log

13:23:38 ERROR : File System and OS Skipped. Due to its dependencies fail to install: Drivers for Jetson TX2 & TX2i,

logs.txt (21.4 KB)

Solved!!!.
The bold text above is blocking the process.
After encountering the error I’ve edited the “/tmp/tmp_NV_L4T_DRIVERS_TX2_COMP.sh” and added “–allow-unauthenticated” flag after “-y”. Ran the same script as “/./tmp/tmp_NV_L4T_DRIVERS_TX2_COMP.sh”.