Unable to intsall OS on Jetson TX2

I have been trying to install Ubuntu 18.04 on a new Jetson TX2 but am running into errors during installation. I have put the device in force recovery mode and tried to install through the sdk manager installed on a my host PC. At the end I keep seeing these errors on multiple tries

19:38:57 ERROR : Unavailable components detected, please check log
19:38:57 ERROR : File System and OS Skipped. Due to its dependencies fail to install: Drivers for Jetson TX2 & TX2i,
19:38:58 ERROR : Flash skipped due to component(s) download/install failure

Hope I can get help in this regards.
SDKM_logs_2019-10-22_19-32-41.zip (1.12 MB)

Hi srinadh.potnuru,

Please try below two commands and run sdkmanager to download again:

sudo rm -R /home/rslab/nvidia/nvidia_sdk/JetPack_4.2.2_Linux_GA_P3310
sudo rm -R ~/.nvsdkm

Hi carolyuu,

I have continued with the steps and unfortunately was not successful in installing the OS and came across the same errors as before. I tried to reinstall the sdkmanager but I ran into more errors as listed.

Errors were encountered while processing:
ni-kal
ni-bds-nikalmod
niusrprioki
nikali
nip2pki
ni-bds
nibdski
nirioki
nip2pi
nirioi
nifpgai
E: Sub-process /usr/bin/dpkg returned an error code (1)

I too am having problems (upgrading to 18.02) with the new Jetson TX2 C02 motherboard.

Yesterday I unpackaged a new Tx2 (rev C02, with the 4 pairs of missing button pins and right-angled SATA connector) motherboard

(cat /proc/version —> 4.4.38-tegra)
and the apt system was screwed up.

I had to:
dpkg --configure -a
apt-get update ; reboot

packages were still broken, so
apt-get install -f

and then it was working, but synaptic was no where to be found:
apt-get install synaptic —> no such package in the repositories

--------

Anyway, the system wanted me to update to version 18.02

and after 90 minutes, it is hung at the booting…

last line:
[21.014766] gpio tegra-gpio-aon wake69 for gpio=59(FF:3)

Questions: Is there an easy fix? Is upgrading (from 16.05) to 18.04 not recommended?

Let me know, we need this up and running ASAP.

Hi srinadh.potnuru,

What ubuntu version on your host machine? (We’re support 16.04 and 18.04)
Please using below command to install sdkmanager:

sudo apt install ./sdkmanager-[version].[build#].deb

Reference link.

Hi douglas.fortune,

Are you means update TX2 or your host machine?

Useful command, if the Jetson had completed the boot, in order to let me access a command line.

I ended up re-installing from scratch, laptop via USB cable, and a second time because the first (and second time), the video camera library didn’t install. I didn’t try a third time, as I don’t need the camera at this time.

One thing I noticed, even after using software updater, when I installed synaptic

ie sudo apt-get install synaptic

then synaptic thought there were lots (50+) of packages out of date. It updated without a problem.

-------

For those interested in the Julia language on the Jetson TX2, I installed the ARM/64 version of the currently stable JULIA vs 1.2.0 (August 20 2019) from Download Julia

https://julialang-s3.julialang.org/bin/linux/x64/1.2/julia-1.2.0-linux-x86_64.tar.gz

and that worked fine in conversational mode.

I just downloaded the julia-1.2.0-linux-x86_64.tar.gz
and tar -xvfz julia-1.2.0-linux-x86_64.tar.gz
which created a julia executable in the local un-tarred bin directory.

oops, I meant:

https://julialang-s3.julialang.org/bin/linux/aarch64/1.2/julia-1.2.0-linux-aarch64.tar.gz

Hi douglas.fortune,

Looks you are fixed the issue now?
Please let us know if you still have others issue. Thanks!

At one point it sounded like this command might have been used on the Jetson itself:

If this is the case, then make sure it is run on the host PC, not the Jetson. If that wasn’t the case, then igore me :P

Hi carolyuyu,

The Ubuntu version is 18.04 and I have followed the same steps as mentioned in the reference link every time I tried to install.

Update: I am successful in installing OS on the new board when I changed the host PC which had basic Ubuntu 18.04 OS, while the previous host OS has many preinstalled softwares like GNURadio and various dependencies installed from source for the same.

I finally got 18.04 installed on the new C02 version of the JetsonTX2. For some unknown reason, more often than not, the installer screen cuts off above the “options” pulldown, so I can’t install. OpenCV never did install, but everything else did.

In regards to the base install, I think you should always install synaptic (and support XFS file system) out-of-the-box configured.

Hi douglas.fortune,

Can you using sdkmanager to install JetPack and SDK components on your Jetson-TX2 now?
What’s your monitor resolution? if your host machine is using 1920x1080 monitor, the sdkmanager can works fine without any out of screen issue.

Reminder: The sdkmanager is run on your host ubuntu machine and using mircro-usb cable to flash image and install SDK components on TX2.