NVIDIA announces Jetson Nano Developer Kit

External Media

NVIDIA is pleased to announce the Jetson Nano Developer Kit!

The Jetson Nano Developer Kit is an AI computer for makers, learners, and developers and is available today for $99. It offers out-of-the-box compatibility with common peripherals, including many from Adafruit and Raspberry Pi, and we are adding new distributors including Sparkfun and SeeedStudio. Jetson Nano is supported by the latest JetPack 4.2 software release, along with Jetson AGX Xavier and Jetson TX2.

For those who want to design custom products, the production-ready Jetson Nano module with eMMC (instead of microSD card slot) will be available for $129 in June. The finalized collaterals for product and carrier board design will be released around that time.

Resources and Documentation (see all)

Distributors (see all)

Hello Dusty. What a nice product!

Is there an education discount program for this DevKit like TX1/TX2?

Hi Dourado, thanks for asking - there isn’t an EDU discount available for the Nano.

it seems to utilize the camera https://leopardimaging.com/product/li-imx219-mipi-ff-nano/ as well as having support of Rpi IMX219 camera .
External Media

so with the 99 buck nano is the sd card the only option for booting the o/s or can one put a ssd in the m2 slot and boot from that? on the camera slot, i read on jetson hacks email that the rpi camera is plug and play with the nano with all drivers/software in o/s build. we’ll see about that one :)

ok, edit, just read it’s m2 keyE which is apparently for wireless cards and not SSD cards. so i guess from that no go on SSD unless via USB3, will it be possible to boot from USB3 drive?

Very cool, although the 12 x CSI-2 lanes would have been nice on the dev kit instead of only 1 lane

this is what jetson hacks says about camera,

“Camera Interfaces - 12 (3x4 or 4x2) MIPI CSI-2 DPHY 1.1 lanes
(1.5 Gbps)”

“Over the years, one of the most popular questions has been, “How do I connect a Raspberry Pi camera to the Jetson?” The usual answer was that you have to do some Johnny Genius magic, know way more than anyone should ever have to know about life, and only then you would have a chance of connecting the camera and get it to work. With the Jetson Nano Developer Kit, you plug the RPI camera into the camera port and you are good to go! All of the drivers and software are in the stock image. Also, other camera manufacturers like Leopard Imaging will have ready made solutions available.”

Hello Dusty,

How to buy it in India? Is module-only option available for Jetson Nano?

Hi dkryder, booting is supported via microSD card. However you could mount a USB3 partition as extra storage.

Hi shashikant.ghangare, in the coming weeks, the Jetson Nano Developer Kit will be rolling out to distributors worldwide.

The production Nano module will be available starting in June 2019.

How is its performance with Graphical Desktop?
does it come with GUI or without by default?

Yes, it comes with Ubuntu 18.04 Unity desktop enabled by default. In my experience GUI performance and responsiveness is similar to TX1/TX2.

I noticed the pre-order says out of stock but I assume the nano won’t be able to ship until June? I’d like to place my pre-order asap :)

Arrow says 16 weeks lead time.

Seed says 150 in stock ($56.48 shipping to US and 30-40 days!) Estimated availability Date: Apr 12, 2019 (is this correct?)

I’d like to order directly from NVIDIA here in the US if possible. Please advise @dusty_nv

Edit: Just saw the SparkFun link show up so made the pre-order there with free shipping :)

Did you get an availability date on SparkFun?

I actually just made the pre-order so I can at least get in line to receive one. I am hoping an NVIDIA admin can comment on shipment dates to sparkfun/aarow etc.

I am hoping the coming weeks and not JUNE lol :D

Hi just a quick question. Where can i buy the jetbot kit including everything to build the robot?

Thanks

From what I read, sadly, you need to have access to a 3D printer to print out various components for the robot.

:( thanks i was seeing that right now. I cant believe that nvidia isnt selling any educational kit with all included :(

Are there any plants to release it in the future?

Update for shipment date: The availability date on Seeed is April.4th now.