Nvidia device and external screen detected but no detection for internal notebook display

Hi,

Same results using the drivers 319.60 and 331.17.

My nvidia GeForce GTX 780M is detected (specifying BusId in xorg.conf) and my external display is also detected. X runing fine using nvidia driver on this screen. Howeveral notebook screen is never detected.
I tryed many xorg.conf options without result.
Can you help me ?

thanks.

Olivier
nvidia-bug-report.log.gz (192 KB)
Xorg.0.log.tar.gz (3.19 KB)

If this is Ubuntu, check the display settings… (not nvidia-settings, just the regular display settings) Perhaps your internal screen is disabled.

I am currently use CentOS 6.4 64bits. I don’t think this problem is due to this kind of display setting since the following config works: defining to devices in the xorg.conf, the first one which use nvidia driver associated with the external screen and the second one use vesa driver with the internal screen.
It works but graphic is slow using vesa driver while I have a powerfull GPU…

İf it is optimus you should add to your .xsessionrc file

xrandr --setprovideroutputsource modesetting NVIDIA-0
xrandr --output HDMI-0 --off
xrandr --auto

and maybe you should check you xorg file configured correctly according to optimus
https://devtalk.nvidia.com/default/topic/539322/linux/blank-screen-with-319-12-on-optimus-laptop/
maybe this can help

I don’t know if may laptop is optimus (MSI GT70). I will try this recipe and give you the result…