Nvidia GeForce 8400M GS no more drivers update

Hi,
why can’t I find any driver update for my GeForce 8400M GS in the Linux 64 section since several months?

Thanks

Maybe your eyesight has worsened?

From Appendix A. Supported NVIDIA GPU Products :

GeForce 8400M GT 	0x0426 	A
GeForce 8400M GS 	0x0427 	A
GeForce 8400M G 	0x0428 	A

Sorry? Are you a friend of mine? Why you need to insult me?

However I know that I can download drivers for other chips (I am not an idiot) and they work but if you come here:
[url]Official Advanced Driver Search | NVIDIA
and search for my driver there are not updates since may.

I think this will be my last nvidia card because of how unkind have you been with me, I was just reporting an eventual problem in the site and you insulted me, this is insane

If you get offended by a tiniest bit of healthy sarcasm, maybe you need to visit a shrink. I didn’t mean to insult you, I just pointed you to the fact that apparently you don’t want to read attentively.

Besides, you might remember that NVIDIA drivers are sorta unified and all GPUs starting from the 8xxx series are supported by current drivers.

In short, you don’t want to read, investigate and think and you get easily offended by things which are not offensive at all, at worst they sound sarcastic.

Good luck.

NVIDIA, please update your website, a 8400M GS search returns really old 319.17 drivers.

@rfringuello89,

Just to be clear, birdie is not an NVIDIA representative. I apologize for his rude behavior.

I’ve notified the web team and asked them to update the driver chooser. In the meantime, you can refer to the forum sticky post, “Current graphics driver releases” for links to the latest releases.

@birdie,

Please try to keep the discussion civil and avoid insulting people who are just here looking for help. In general, I try to interact with people online as if they were standing in front of me, and try to avoid saying anything that would get me punched in real life. You’ll make more friends if you do the same. :)

Aaron, I still cannot understand which of my words seamed offensive to him - I apologize if anything I’ve said is indeed rude. :-)

I can surely say that my remark was sarcastic, but last time I checked sarcasm is not a reason to get offended ;-) It’s a reason to smile.