I’m trying to get the GTX 750 to work, but all I’m getting is
NVRM: RmInitAdapter failed! (0x26:0xffffffff:1218) NVRM: rm_init_adapter failed for device bearing minor number 0 NVRM: nvidia_frontend_open: minor 0, module->open() failed, error -5
and either a blinking cursor at the top left or a garbled screen.
I’ve tried the following things:
- Use my archlinux install with nvidia-340
- no graphics, tried also to boot with acpi=noirq, noapic
- boot with nolapic and acpi=off results in a very unresponsive system or a non-accessible system
- trying it on a recent Kubuntu 14.10 Development Version.
- drivers from the xorg-edgers PPA – didn’t work
- delete the drivers again and then
- use the install-script from the nvidia website
But no matter what I’m still getting the above error. And I need to boot with “nomodeset” to be able to access the systems through the console.
My PC runs totally fine with my old (ATI HD 4550) graphics card.
The NVIDIA card also was successfully tested in a Windows-PC.
And what also was obvious: The fonts starting from the BIOS startup screen look smoother with the old card.
Is it possible that my PSU causes trouble because it is rather old and I needed to plug it in the mainboard through a 20-to-24pin adapter?
Please tell me if you need further information.
The bug-report-script output can be seen here:
The installer log is here:
I included the files as a link because I didn’t see where I can attach them.
Thanks in advance!