NvRTX 5.1.0-1 ies lights not supported

FYI: I was getting a crash with NvRTX 5.1.0-1 as soon as I click play in the editor, it turns out it was all the lights that had ies profiles as soon as I remove them it works as expected.

On the main level blueprint I have and execute console command with: r.raytracing.sampledlighting 1. If I had this to 0 it would work as soon as I change it to 1 it would crash. The strange thin is if I started the game with 0 and then while running typed ~ and r.raytracing.sampledlighting 1 it would work!
I needed just removing the ies for now

Guillermo Leal

Hello and welcome to the NVIDIA developer forums @gl.llaguno!

Thank you for sharing this!

Would you mind also sharing a bit more details on your setup? I would like to let our developers know a bit more context on this issue and see if it is anything they might be able to address or if it is rather something UE related.

So what I am looking for are:

• OS
  • CPU/RAM
  • GPU
  • Exact UE build version and RTX plugin version
  • Ideally logs from the crash

Thanks!

Hi,

Here are the specifications.

Windows 10 Pro, 21H2
AMD Ryzen 9 5950X 16-Core Processor 3.40 GHz, 128Gb
Nvidia RTX 3090 Ti
Unreal version NvRTX 5.1.0-1 , https://github.com/NvRTX/UnrealEngine/tree/nvrtx-5.1

Sorry but I have no logs anymore, The strange thing is, I added the ies files again to get a crash and send you the log and it does not crash anymore !!

Guillermo Leal

1 Like

Oh wow! I am sure happy that you don’t encounter the problem anymore. Too bad though you can’t replicate now.

Well, hopefully it was a simple glitch and it won’t come back.

And of course there are regular updates to our NvRTX branches of UE.

Thanks!