Omniverse materials support in hydra render delegate

Hello, I’m a student studying computer graphics, particularly ray tracing. I want to connect my render (non-rtx, based on compute shader) to the Omniverse. I wrote a simple plugin for USD (I’m using USD 21.11 from the official Pixar repository) with the USDPreview material but I want to use more complex materials like OmniPBR (I have done MDL integration). Could you please help me with Hydra part of the loading of your materials from USD?

1 Like

Hello @jswark! Welcome to the community! I am so excited that you are interested in developing with Omniverse. Especially happy to hear of your interest in RTX!

Here are some links to our documentation that may help! If not, please let me know!

1 Like

I also wanted to mention that it looks like full Hydra support is still under development on the Ominverse Public Roadmap. This roadmap shows what we are working on for the next release.

1 Like

Thank you @WendyGram! I dealt with loading omniPBR and implemented loading OmniGlass. Everything has worked out, the result can be seen below

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.