OpenCL 1.1

OpenCL 1.1 have been released last week, and the Nvidia development drivers are already aviables,
did anyone already tried the 2 first new features???

OpenCL 1.1 includes significant new functionality including::

* Host-thread safety, enabling OpenCL commands to be enqueued from multiple host threads;
* Sub-buffer objects to distribute regions of a buffer across multiple OpenCL devices;
* User events to enable enqueued OpenCL commands to wait on external events;
* Event callbacks that can be used to enqueue new OpenCL commands based on event state changes in a non-blocking manner;
* 3-component vector data types;
* Global work-offset which enable kernels to operate on different portions of the NDRange;
* Memory object destructor callback;
* Read, write and copy a 1D, 2D or 3D rectangular region of a buffer object;
* Mirrored repeat addressing mode and additional image formats;
* New OpenCL C built-in functions such as integer clamp, shuffle and asynchronous strided copies;
* Improved OpenGL interoperability through efficient sharing of images and buffers by linking OpenCL event objects to OpenGL fence sync objects;
* Optional features in OpenCL 1.0 have been bought into core OpenCL 1.1 including: writes to a pointer of bytes or shorts from a kernel, and conversion of atomics to 32-bit integers in local or global memory.

Nice feature set :)

i just updated with the 3.1 version of the sdk, and cuda toolkit, and latest devdrivers (25x)

but when i run the device query i get:

oclDeviceQuery, Platform Name = NVIDIA CUDA, Platform Version = OpenCL 1.0 CUDA

3.1.1, SDK Revision = 6161726, NumDevs = 1, Device = GeForce GTX 280

still openCL 1.0…

Normal?

i just updated with the 3.1 version of the sdk, and cuda toolkit, and latest devdrivers (25x)

but when i run the device query i get:

oclDeviceQuery, Platform Name = NVIDIA CUDA, Platform Version = OpenCL 1.0 CUDA

3.1.1, SDK Revision = 6161726, NumDevs = 1, Device = GeForce GTX 280

still openCL 1.0…

Normal?

You should get:

[b]oclDeviceQuery, Platform Name = NVIDIA CUDA, Platform Version = OpenCL 1.1 CUDA

3.2.1, SDK Revision = 6237717, NumDevs = 2, Device = Tesla C1060, Device = Quadr

o FX 4800[/b]

You must download it via the registered developer page under “OpenCL 1.1 Conformance Candidate”.

P-O

You should get:

[b]oclDeviceQuery, Platform Name = NVIDIA CUDA, Platform Version = OpenCL 1.1 CUDA

3.2.1, SDK Revision = 6237717, NumDevs = 2, Device = Tesla C1060, Device = Quadr

o FX 4800[/b]

You must download it via the registered developer page under “OpenCL 1.1 Conformance Candidate”.

P-O

i also have the dev drivers 258.19, unfortunately even zith sdk 1.1 for me it’s crashing at clGetPlatformIDs… and work perfectly for CL 1.0.

Mistery ^^

pobelzile possible to have your clGetPlatformIDs and to know if you are only working with 2 GPU on the same platform or 2 GPU (Nvidia platform)+ 1 CPU (AMD Platform) ;) (!)

i also have the dev drivers 258.19, unfortunately even zith sdk 1.1 for me it’s crashing at clGetPlatformIDs… and work perfectly for CL 1.0.

Mistery ^^

pobelzile possible to have your clGetPlatformIDs and to know if you are only working with 2 GPU on the same platform or 2 GPU (Nvidia platform)+ 1 CPU (AMD Platform) ;) (!)

Ok, seems to be due to ATI CL1.0 drivers. Now it’s working again but only have 1 platform (Nvidia) and my 2 devices.

Ok, seems to be due to ATI CL1.0 drivers. Now it’s working again but only have 1 platform (Nvidia) and my 2 devices.

Is there a list of compatable hardware with OpenCL 1.1 from NVIDIA for the 258.19 dev driver? I have an NVIDIA GeForce 360M card in my laptop, running Windows 7, 64-bit. When I extract the install files, and the installer launches, I get the following setup error:

“The NVIDIA Setup program could not locate any drivers that are compatible with your current hardware. Setup will now exit.”

I’ve already checked the Release Notes, and they make no mention of compatability.

I currently have the 257.21 Verde full release drivers on my system. I wonder if the 258.19 driver needs updating to include Mobile GPUs. Any ideas?

Hi,

I didn’t want to open a new Topic, so I will just ask my question here.

I’m planning to transfer a programm which is wirtten in C++ on my GPU. Hence I want to use OpenCL I applied for an developer account yesterday.

Now my question: How long did it take in your case, to get your account information after applying? Because in my case, it’s now 24 hrs ago and I didn’t get the information yet. I wanted to write an eMail to a OpenCL support group or s.th. like that, but I did not find a contact.

BR, Jan

[slighty OT] i think today it’s the third time i try to register as an nvidia developer to download the opencl1.1beta drivers and sdk, but nothing happen…
isnt there an official public page where it’s possible to get these latest beta drivers?

thanks

The OpenCL 1.0 compliant driver is included in the non-developer driver set (the latest drivers). If you are patient, the OpenCL 1.1 compliant driver will be out shortly, I’d imagine.

You can, however, get Public Beta drivers at:
[url=“Official Advanced Driver Search | NVIDIA”]Official Advanced Driver Search | NVIDIA

Make sure you choose the Recommended/Beta dropdown as Beta. The latest I see for me (a GeForce 360M) is 258.69.
You can also get the GPU Computing SDK 3.1 here:

[url=“http://developer.nvidia.com/object/cuda_3_1_downloads.html”]http://developer.nvidia.com/object/cuda_3_1_downloads.html[/url]

Hope that helps, paoletto

EDIT:
Just noticed that your question was specifically about OpenCL 1.1 . To my knowledge, there are no public developer drivers that include OpenCL 1.1. Honestly, I’d imagine NVIDIA has been getting a flood of requests with the release by Khronos of the 1.1 update. I know where I work, there is a TON of interest in OpenCL (although I am the only one with enough time to learn the basics of it…yay for being a Grad Student). Hopefully we can make this a popular topic and an NVIDIA Developer sees this forum and gets your application done!

Paoletto

What email are you registering with? Are you filling out the form accurately?

The GPU developer registration form is at:

http://nvdeveloper.nvidia.com/content/GPUC…egistration.asp

Sumit

Request for public release of OpenCL 1.1 driver: Seconded.

Andreas

Request for public release of OpenCL 1.1 driver: Seconded.

Andreas