Operating temperature range on Jetson Nano

Dear Developers/Engineers i have the 2 following questions that i would greatly appriciate if you could answer.

1.Is Jetson Nano made(manufactured/febricated etc…) in USA?

1. What is the operating temperature range on Jetson Nano?

i look forward to hear soon.

Thank you

Hi, I assume you are asking about the Jetson Nano module for production/commercial use, and not asking about the developer kit.

The Jetson Nano module is made in China. Operating temperature is -25C ~ C.

I say ‘x’ instead of ‘80’ or similar because any ambient temperature limit depends on your system design. The Jetson Nano Thermal Design Guide contains details about recommended operating temperature limits for SoC and other module components. You are responsible to design a thermal solution that can meet power dissipation needs for the application and ambient temperatures indicated by your use case.

Hi,
Tried to run Pycharm + Pytorch + YoloV3 continuously over an mp4 file and the Nano was shut down after several minutes. The recorded temperatures by running
tegrastats --interval 10000 > thermal_nofan.txt
before shutdown were

PLL@44C CPU@49C PMIC@100C GPU@46C AO@51C thermal@47.5C (The constant PMIC@100 should be ignored)

Then, pointed a home fan on the Nano, the file was decoded without any problem and the recorded temperatures were about:
PLL@28.5C CPU@33.5C PMIC@100C GPU@28C AO@35C thermal@32.5C (depending on time interval)
Seems that a fan for the Nano is a must, ordered the Noctua NF-A4x20 5V PWM which is the recommended fan for the Nano.

I got same issue with my new jetson nano, i use 5v 3a adaptor with output current within 3a - 3.4a and my jetson getting hot greater than 35 celsius with 1 wifi keyboard, 1 usb wifi, and run update from terminal

The thermal design guide is released in DLC now, please check it for more info about this.
[url]https://developer.nvidia.com/embedded/dlc/jetson-nano-thermal-design-guide[/url]

4.3 TEGRA X1 SOC MAXIMUM OPERATING
TEMPERATURE
The recommended operating temperature limit is the threshold at which the module
will operate without performance reduction. These temperatures are listed in Table 2-1(T.cpu = 97°C, T.gpu = 97.5°C)
and cannot be adjusted. The customer’s tolerance for performance reduction should
determine the amount of Tj operating headroom in the thermal solution design in order
to accommodate the temperature sensor accuracy of ± 3 °C.

This translates to recommended T CPU&GPU 94°C
Am I understanding this correctly? Should memory be monitored also? Thermal design says below up to 85°C, althogh I can’t find memory temp sensor?

Also what does AO thermal reading stand for in tegrastats?

It is not recommended. ± 3 °C is the tolerance of sensor. There are several thermal zones you can read following thermal design guide. AO thermal zone is Always On thermal sensor.

Im sorry, but could you please elaborate??

How is is not recommended and what is then?
There is no mention what Always On thermal sensor measures anywhere.

These questions are not answered in thermal design guide.

The maximum operating is T.cpu = 97°C, T.gpu = 97.5°C, i don’t understand what your “recommended” mean.

AO thermal sensor is in somewhere of chip similar as other sensors.

Recommended would be something that doesn’t significantly reduce expected lifespan or hinder the performance.
Something like expeted operating lifetime, would explain this in more details. Like for tx2i

(https://docs.nvidia.com/jetson/l4t/index.html#page/Tegra%2520Linux%2520Driver%2520Package%2520Development%2520Guide%2Fjetson_module_support.html)

I do not understand by what did you mean when you said “It is not recommended” in your second last post?

I still honestly don’t know what AO_therm measures and whether it matters or not. TX2 uses AO for GPU temp, which makes somewhat of a difference as AO and GPU sensor differentiate as much as 10°C

1 Like

What i meant is there is no recommended value only the limited maximum value. Regarding the operating temperature, lower is better.

AO_therm is used for a truly robust thermtrip and as an LP0 wake source, as other zones will cease to operate during LP0. And it is not used for GPU temp as there is a GPU_therm already for that.

Thank you for clarification, Trumany :)

问开发者nano套件工作温度范围