Dear OptiX Developers,
The OptiX team is heads-down working on huge things for next year, but we know we need to keep your tools current. So, we are pleased to announce the beta release of OptiX 3.7. This release enables new GPUs and new platforms, improves stability and performance, and enables very fast, flexible geometry instancing in OptiX Prime.
OptiX 3.7 is already integrated into Iray 2015 and mental ray. Check out this great video of instancing in mental ray at their blog: http://blog.mentalray.com/. (The instancing is toward the end.)
As always, you can download this OptiX release using your credentials that you received by email when you were accepted to the registered developer program. If you are not in the program you must join to download OptiX 3.7. Go to https://developer.nvidia.com/optix. If you forgot your password, email OptiX-Help@nvidia.com.
OptiX Manager | NVIDIA Corporation
Enhancements in OptiX 3.7 beta 1
• Instancing support in OptiX Prime. The implementation is very fast. The typical performance hit vs. non-instanced geometry is only 5%.
• Tesla K80 support with SM 3.7. This is the highest performing GPU for ray tracing.
• Visual Studio 2013 support.
• CUDA 6.5 support.
• OpenGL libraries are now dynamically loaded, allowing easier linking on Linux, especially for HPC installations.
• Samples have updated model loading code.
• OptiX API Capture bug fixes for OptiX Prime.
• rtpQuerySetCudaStream API added to OptiX Prime to for increased performance on asynchronous queries.
• RTP_BUFFER_FORMAT_INDICES_INT3_MASK_INT is an additional way to suppress intersections without rebuilding the Model’s acceleration structure.
• Bug fixes to Trbvh.
• Bug fix for when RT_EXCEPTION_PROGRAM_ID_INVALID is used with callable programs.
• Bug fix Only dirty device-side storage on rtBufferGetDevicePtr.
• Bug fix Prevent Collision sample window resizing when using the fake rendered background, since it doesn’t scale.
• Bug fix Add more detail to the “Unable to set the CUDA device” error message.
• Documentation improvements in OptiX Prime API reference and Buffer of Buffer IDs in Programming Guide, and RTtimeoutcallback in OptiX API reference.