Ouster OS2-128 Logging Issue

Dear @mae25
Could you check for ousteros-image-prod-aries-v1.14.0-beta.1+ci+git+nvidia@850828ff2c+dev_fw_PR-793-20200128044023-staging ?

I have contacted Ouster re our issues. What are the chances of the DW sample getting adapted to the Ouster FWv2 in the near future?

1 Like

Dear @mae25 ,
Did you hear any update from OUSTER? Did you check with the requested FW version?

We got the DW software to work with the older FW. Any chance of updating the DW tools to work with the current OS2 FW in the near future?

Dear @mae25,
Thank you for update. Could you share the FW version and used command to help others in the community.
DW has not yet moved to FW v2. We will update the docs to share supported FW versions.

Dear @mae25,
Could you provide the FW version and used command?

We used: [^ousteros-image-prod-aries-v1.14.0-beta.12+ci+git+nvidia@aca4b1ca66-20200731174359-staging.img]

and the normal recording tool command but it only seems to work above 512hrez.

Do you have a description of what the should be in the binary file when recording the OS2_128? Ie header and what gets saved from the raw packets?

Thanks,

Marc

Dear @mae25,
Could you check with live lidar on sample_lidar_replay and confirm if it working? We notice few other customer reported issue with OS2 128 and we are trying to understand the issue.

I can try the above, can you answer this question: There are 32 bits of data with the 20 representing the range, what are the remaining 12, intensity (supposed to be 16bits)?

Any word on the above question?

Dear @mae25,
May i know which 32 bit you are reffering?

Within the Data Block there are 32 bits, 20 of which are used for the range. What are the extra 12 bits, i.e. is there any data in them? More basic question: is the reflectivity data saved using this Ouster FW/Driveworks recorder version?

Thanks,

Marc

Dear @mae25,
12 bit has intensity.

Can you describe the data bits for intensity?

Below is what I see in the manual, which has 16 bits instead of 12.

Thanks

Dear @mae25,
My apologies for confusion. Those 12 bit marked as unused in manual…You may have to reach out to ouster to know details on those 12 bits in Range block.

Is the reflectivity data saved using this Ouster FW/Driveworks recorder version?

Yes.

So the only days saved is range as far as you know correct?

Thanks

Yes