ov5647 driver testing with v1.3 RPI camera

We have been working on a ov5647 driver for the nano and as side project tested with v1.3 rpi camera. There is a blog post describing progress if its of interest.

Jasbir

motiveorder.com
EMBEDDED INTELLIGENCE

fantastic!

Nice! Thanks for sharing!

This was three months ago. Has anything tangible emerged from your efforts? Would appreciate an update! :-)
… especially regarding possible updates of the dlinano headless image! :-) That one has not seen any updates in months.

I suggest you read the entry titled “Answer Accepted by Forum Admin” and follow the link.

Thank you. I would like to add that the above mentioned link does not contain the solution (ov5647 driver) itself but another followup link at its very bottom does.
There you can find some binary blobs to be retrieved from google drive off which you are supposed to run your jetson thereafter.
Admittedly, it works, but the whole process of getting unsigned and unhashed bin blobs from some file hosting platform with no source whatsoever leaves me sort of uneasy.

I would have hoped that nVidia would provide this in some sort of official image or upgrade.

Thanks anyway.

Ah, so you were wanting NVidia to provide a solution. Unfortunately, they seemed to have accepted that people will pay the $99 for the Jetson Nano and another $50+ for a v2 Sony camera if you want to use the CSI interface. They’ve had the Jetson TX1 and TX2 out for years and they never supported the OV sensor.

Most people I know just went with a USB cam since even the v2 cam driver was of dubious quality and required a work around to get rid of the pink tint and changing resolution results in clipping instead of scaling.

So if you need video input you either have to deal with the issues at hand for CSI input, go USB or look at the Raspberry Pi 4. $0.02

Well, thanks for background information then. I am just getting acquainted with the Nano.
I wanted to take the introductory DLI course(s), which require a camera and I happened to have an ov5647 collecting dust on the shelf. So, naturally, that seemed to be the way to go. Which led me here. :-)

Problem solved for the moment. Should I need better quality in the future, I’ll just grab a C270 then.