Power adapter & Warranty

Hello,

I’m gonna buy a jetson TX1 development kit from your US online store tomorrow (Jan 9th) and have it shipped to my hotel in SF. I am then taking the board to Italy a few days later (Jan 14th).

My questions are:

1. Does the power adapter natively support 220V / 50Hz?
  2. Warranty: can I rely on NVIDIA Italy in case of problems?
  3. If I decide to use the 2 days shipment option, will it be for sure that I get the board before I get back home (Jan. 14th)?

Thanks and Best Regards

I’m looking at the adapter on my TX1, it says input 100-240V, 50/60Hz. Standard plug for an American power socket. Don’t know about any of the other information.

Hi,

Thanks for your reply: it means I should be able to power the TX by simply using a socket adapter

Again, thank you very much indeed!

Massimo

The US SKU is different from the EU SKU because the WiFi region settings are different. If you try to RMA the US SKU from the EU, you will likely encounter an issue during the process.

The NV webstore is currently on backorder (Jan 7). If you have a short window to receive the unit, I highly recommend ordering from Newegg (http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813190006&cm_re=jetson_tx1--13-190-006--Product) which is still in stock as of today.

Ooohhh… bad news, if I get it right.

1. Warranty
    2a. Because of different Stock Keeping Unit, there is high likelyhood of having problems if Return Merchandise Authorization is needed
    2b. Different WiFi region settings mean Linux4Tegra from US might have issues because of Ubuntu (Bug #899335 “Timeout while waiting for CRDA to reply, restoring ...” : Bugs : linux package : Ubuntu) → would I need the L4T from EU built with the correct EU settings for 802.11?

2. NVIDIA on backorders → I feel purchasing from Newegg will likely increase the probability of 2a.

All in all it’s bad luck: Jetson TX1 from Europe costs 630€ (about 700 USD). Adding some bucks more allows me to buy an entry level gaming laptop with some good enough Maxwell GPU.

Thank you all for your support and patience.

Massimo

Regardless of if you buy it from Newegg, Amazon, or NVIDIA.com (the US-based NVIDIA.com, not NVIDIA.co.uk or NVIDIA.de, ect.), you will receive the North American SKU. Technically the WiFi still might work in EU (on the subset of overlapping 802.11 channels), however it is outside of EU compliance. It’s not an L4T BSP thing, it’s a low-level one-time-programmable firmware register set at the factory (otherwise there would only be the need for 1 worldwide SKU).