problem with flashing drive px2 with bootburn

I have been trying to flash the drive px 2 using the following [url]Autonomous Vehicle Development Platforms | NVIDIA Docs instructions on the nvidia documentation for px 2 but was faced with issues. There are two main methods illustrated and I only need to flash one Ubuntu OS in the PX2.

The first method was using the follow command: ./bootburn.sh -b p2379c01-t186a -d kernel-dtb tegra186-vcm31-p2379-0000-c01-00-base-a-air-cooled.dtb

and bootburn mentioned issues with hypervisor(I will post the full error again later)

The second method used this -
./bootburn.sh -b p2379c01-t186a

and the flashing process succeeded properly however, upon boot and in the tegra a console(that was flashed) the boot process was stuck at services that were loaded here:
[FAILED] Failed to start Network Service.
See ‘systemctl status systemd-networkd.service’ for details.
[FAILED] Failed to start Login Service.
See ‘systemctl status systemd-logind.service’ for details.
[FAILED] Failed to start Accounts Service.
See ‘systemctl status accounts-daemon.service’ for details.
[FAILED] Failed to start Modem Manager.
See ‘systemctl status ModemManager.service’ for details.
[FAILED] Failed to start Avahi mDNS/DNS-SD Stack.
See ‘systemctl status avahi-daemon.service’ for details.
[FAILED] Failed to start oFono Mobile telephony stack.
See ‘systemctl status ofono.service’ for details.

And from here onwards it doesn’t continue loading and i do not see the terminal console.

Has anyone experienced this problem before during flashing? The usb debug a-a is properly connected, aurix set to run and nothing else is connected to the px 2.

Dear gohengwei,

Could you please try to install DPX2 SDK with DriveInstall 4.1.8.0 Linux SDK and update Aurix FW? Thanks.

Hi steve,

Thanks for the reply. I alrdy have the DPX2 SDK installed on my host computer. If you are referring to flashing the DPX2 with the DriveInstall GUI and updating the AURIX FW then can I check if there is a way to by pass the SDK installation and jump straight to the flashing.

I am using Ubuntu 14.04.5 for my host computer.

Okay I finally managed to flash it but that was only whilst using the DriveInstall GUI. Any ideas what was done wrong during the manual bootburn process? I’ve re-flashed my aurix controllers and verified that it is using the latest but the same thing still happens. Thanks!

Dear gohengwei,

There’s a bit more clear description of the flashing commands here

The “-d kernel-dtb…” option is only for Air-cooled enclosure boards. Thanks.