Problem with TX1, Jetpack 4.2.2 and Orbitty Carrier, no video output

Good morning,
i have 2 tx1 and 2 tx2, all with orbitty carrier board, have try tu update all to the 4.2.2,
the tx2 no problem …but the tx1 when the jatpack ask to complete in monitor the ubuntu configuration, i dont see nothing
I have try wiht both the tx1 board… but without success, i have try to wait one night … nothing.
i have change the carrier with the other of tx2 but without success…
i have try with the original nvidia dev board…

If i put the 3.3.1 i dont have problem the installer let me show the ubuntu desktop output, but with the 4.2.2 nothing.

The 4.2.2 have trouble with the tx1?
Have solution for this trouble? or test to make permitt me to undestand the cause

Did you install the Orbitty board support package’s device tree? Without that matching the JetPack4.2.2 release some items on the carrier won’t work. Also, be sure it is an actual HDMI monitor without adapters.

FYI, the device tree passes arguments to drivers enabling the driver to find the hardware or to enable the correct pin function for the hardware on that specific pin. If the driver can’t find the hardware, then it won’t function. Only plug-n-play hardware self-reports.

Thank you for having replied, I didn’t install drivers because up until now everything had worked correctly without putting anything.
The monitor is a portable HDMI monitor https://tinyurl.com/y63lnn3m
with the other boards it works correctly.
I will try tonight to install the drivers of the card thanks

i have search driver but the 4.4.2 i dont have found…

i have change the monitor with other classic desktop hdmi monitor but nothing

other advice or indication?

i have try to the 4.4.1(R2)…the same trouble

I have the same problem with the original NVIDIA dev board is exclused is the connecttech driver

Keep in mind issues may be of two categories: (A) As mentioned, the hardware cannot function if the correct device tree is not used for the specific carrier board, and (B) there may be monitor issues.

Regarding monitor issues keep in mind that the GPU driver on Jetsons is not 100% equivalent to a desktop PC driver. All of them use EDID data from a monitor query which tells the driver what modes the monitor can handle, but a desktop PC driver can handle more modes.

The first way a desktop PC driver can handle more modes is that it is possible to manually specify modes in a config file, provided the hardware can meet that mode’s requirements. Jetsons cannot do this, any mode not in the queried EDID modes will be summarily rejected.

The second way a desktop PC GPU driver differs from a Jetson GPU driver is that extension modes are allowed for use on a desktop PC, but not on a Jetson.

The third way a desktop PC GPU driver differs from a Jetson GPU driver is that PC drivers allow interlaced modes, but interlaced modes are all rejected on Jetsons.

If any of those three PC-versus-Jetson issues occur, then video won’t work. Since the monitor is HDMI I will assume EDID query is successful. Something you may wish to do is add this to your “/etc/X11/xorg.conf” in ‘Section “Device”’:

Section "Device"
   ModeDebug
EndSection

Following this, reboot, and then save a copy of your Xorg log file. Usually this is “/var/log/Xorg.0.log”, but if “DISPLAY” is “:1” it will be “/var/log/Xorg.1.log” (you could “ls -l /var/log/Xorg.*.log” and look for the most recent entry).

If you hover your mouse over the quote icon in one of your existing posts, then some icons will show up. The paper clip icon is for attaching files. If you rename your Xorg.0.log file with a “.txt” filename suffix you should be able to post it (or else quote it with the “code” tag).

This log should be able to tell us what the driver thinks of the modes it finds. You might also want to post the EDID data from this:

sudo -s
cat `find /sys -name 'edid'`
exit

If EDID isn’t present, then it is very likely the device tree is at fault. If EDID is present, then the Xorg log becomes important.