Problems with nsight graphics

I’m trying to run the nvidia nsight graphics on my Mint machine (read further below, to see full machine specification). It starts fine, my program connects, but then the errors start.

First, when I start the capture the HUD overlay is not useable most of the times. I had a few working starts, though.
Second, when I start the capture and try to “resume” the program execution, it often crashes, without any message
Third, not all opengl api calls/ events are shown in the overview. I do, for example, have 4 calls to glDrawArray, but only two (one of which is not by me, but QT) are displayed.

I noticed, that when one of these problems is gone, all of them are. So they seem to be related to each other.

Since this is a big part of nsight graphics, I can’t imagine, that it’s a bug; however, I don’t see what I’m doing wrong, so maybe you can help me there.

Machine setup:
GPU: GeForce GTX 780
Driver: Official driver - nvidia-driver-440 (Version 440.100-0ubuntu0.18.04.1
Nsight Graphics: 2020 4.0.0 (Build 28959328)
CPU: i7-2600K CPU @ 3.40GHz
RAM: 16GB
Kernel: Linux 4.15.0-112-generic
Wrapper Library: QT5

Hello,
Thanks for using Nsight Graphics and your question. I’ll connect with the engineering team on your question and get back to you. By the way which version of Nsight Graphics were you using?
Regards,

Sorry, forgot to include that one. I updated the question with the version.

I realized, that it gets better, but not fixed, when I run an update loop, instead of using on-demand updates. I still can’t seem to get the HUD to work, though. But there are fewer crashes (again, not none) and I can inspect all gl* calls, including the associated graphics (which is what I needed).
So whenever I need to debug the shader, I just insert a timer, which updates the graphics every so often. Not pretty, but for now it helps the debugging process.

Hello,
I wanted to get back to you on your question regarding the problems you were experiencing with Nsight Graphics. Please know that we don’t officially support Linux Mint as one of our official Linux OS’s. Our support for Linux OSs can be found in the Linux section of the website here https://developer.nvidia.com/nsight-graphics-requirements. I realize Linux Mint is based on Ubuntu but of course it is a different flavor that unfortunately, we don’t currently have support for.

Regards,