Production VS development module identification via software

How can a person identify which Jetson module, development or production, is in a system, via software? For example, via the boot screen or some other software based method,without having to physically look at the module.

If physical inspection is required, what exactly distinguishes the difference?

I’m particularly interested in the xavier nx line. Does the answer to identification for one line apply to all other lines? Nano, xavier nx, tx2, agx, etc

… Otto

hello ottohirr,

there’s TNSPEC to show the device information, i.e. $ cat /etc/nv_boot_control.conf
you may also refer to Jetson part numbers as see-also,
thanks

Thank you for the quick reply.

Is there a mapping between a SKU and the contents of nv_boot_control.conf?

Is the SKU printed on the module?
(I haven’t disassembled to look at surface facing carrier board. The systems were assembled when received.)

So I have the following details:

One system has…
/etc$ more nv_boot_control.conf
TNSPEC 3668-000—1-0-jetson-xavier-nx-devkit-mmcblk0p1
COMPATIBLE_SPEC 3668----1–jetson-xavier-nx-devkit-mmcblk0p1
TEGRA_CHIPID 0x19
TEGRA_OTA_BOOT_DEVICE /dev/mtdblock0
TEGRA_OTA_GPT_DEVICE /dev/mtdblock0

Another system has…
/etc$ cat nv_boot_control.conf
TNSPEC 3668-300-0001-B.0-1-2-jetson-xavier-nx-devkit-emmc-external
COMPATIBLE_SPEC 3668-100—1–jetson-xavier-nx-devkit-emmc-
TEGRA_CHIPID 0x19
TEGRA_OTA_BOOT_DEVICE /dev/mtdblock0
TEGRA_OTA_GPT_DEVICE /dev/mtdblock0

If I take the simple approach and believe simply what it says…

Then both of these modules are modules that are “devkit” with associated SKUs of either 945-83518-0000-000, 945-83518-0005-000, 945-83518-0007-000…

and are NOT associated with “production” modules of SKU 900-83668-0000-000.

Is this correct?

Best regards,

…Otto

hello ottohirr,

those devices with internal emmc could be production modules.

Wow…

Well this is EXACTLY why I need a DEFINITIVE method that stands the test of scrutiny by anybody.

The reason that I have 2 units.

One unit was sold as a development kit, came in the Nvidia devkit box etc.

The other was from a third party vendor, sold as a complete system using 3rd party vendor’s carrier board, even depicting its advantage over the devkit. I purchased this for production use. As such, the module should be of a model that has the production warranty and be, if I understand correctly, transferable to another. This unit needs all the production legalize.

I need to definitively determine if this latter unit was shipped with a development module or not.

Official Nvidia comments?

Best regards,

… Otto

Hi,

If you are really worried about a module + carrier board from a unknown vendor, why not you order your own emmc from the website? We can guarantee it would be the production module.

3668-0001 is for the NX emmc production module. You don’t need to check nv_boot_control. Just check the eeprom content and it will tell you.

Good suggestion. Which website?

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.