Quadro 4000 & Lion

Anyone had any success in working the developer release of Lion on a quadro 4000?
I mean QE/CI and CUDA. I am not referring to OpenCL (big cough :-) I have a hunch it wont work.

Cheers,
Alexander.

So noone dared to try the Lion OS X on their Mac Pro using the Quadro 4000. Well there are not so many things different and I have seen that the dot underneath an active application on the dock is missing but I am certain that Apple will put it again judging from the reaction of the people that tested it. I tried to install it on a drive with no success. It does not go in hardware acceleration with the current drivers.

Cheers,

Alexander.

So noone dared to try the Lion OS X on their Mac Pro using the Quadro 4000. Well there are not so many things different and I have seen that the dot underneath an active application on the dock is missing but I am certain that Apple will put it again judging from the reaction of the people that tested it. I tried to install it on a drive with no success. It does not go in hardware acceleration with the current drivers. I surely want to install this new OS it will be just marvelous using the trackpad and all of the iPAD style gestures. I may actually buy one along with my mouse. It has not gone light as I saw it just got smarter taking some of the multitouch features of iPad and I like it. Ok now Mr. Jobs where is the money that you promised to give to me by saying all this. :-)

Cheers,
Alexander.

The good news is that CUDA works in Lion OS X (Version 4).
Also the good news is that Quadro 4000 will be working in QE/CI mode on Lion OS X.
It is possible that OpenCL will be working.

Today I installed Mac OS X Lion 10.7 Preview 4 with the NVIDIA Quadro 4000 for Mac and it worked fine, the drivers are included with the OS and they are a newer version 270.05.05f01, check the attached file. I have checked Adobe Premiere Pro CS5.5 functionality and it recognize the Mercury Engine GPU Acceleration. In the CUDA applet in System Preferences I get a warning that the CUDA driver needs update, check the second attached file. But so far so good, I’ve done some benchmarks as well and the new drivers are a little bit faster than the previous NVIDIA drivers from 03/22/2011 version 256.01.00f03.
CUDA.jpg

CUDA.jpg