Questions about HDMI / PCB CO-LAYOUT

Hello,

I’m trying to better understand the PCB CO-LAYOUT shown on the HDMI section of the Jetson Nano developer’s kit schematics:

I can see on the Product Design Guide (Table 7-10 / RS section) that we need series resistors, mandatory for HDMI 2.0. But the inductors shown on the schematics are not fully clear to me. Are they just representing the PCB traces?

Thanks for your help,
Ed

You can refer to the P3449 PCB file in carrier board design files package in DLC. Co-lay means resistor and inductor share pads.

That was my 1st thought. But when I search the development kit’s BOM for the inductors (L32-L35), I can’t find them. Also, looking at the development kit itself, I can only see the resistors (R385-R392), which are on the BOM. But no inductors.

The P3449 PCB file does shows the designators L32-L35 in between the R385-R392 resistors. But they’re not on the development kit itself, neither on the BOM. Only the resistors.

Co-lay means to keep pad not to mount two components simultaneously. The inductors are necessary when there is signal quality issue.

Thanks Trumany, that clears it all.

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.