Range Profiler not showing Range Info during Frame profile

Hello.

I’m capturing a frame using the Frame Profiler in Nsight Graphics, and would like to view more detailed info that would usually be in the Range Info section when selecting an item in the Range Profiler section. Although, before I select a section, I am greeted with the error: “Profiling not available on this GPU or ERR_NVGPUCTRPERM: Failed profiler permission check.”. I assumed I needed to enable Developer Mode in the NVIDIA Control Panel, but after doing so nothing changed. I tried launching ngfx-ui.exe as Administrator, and still nothing.

As well as this being an issue, if I do select a range in the Range Profiler section, I see a blank Range Info section.

I figure this is bug, but either way, when I go to Configure Profiler and toggle the Range Info checkbox off and back on again, I see this:

GPU: Geforce GTX 1050
Manage GPU Performance Counters setting in Control Panel: Allow access to the GPU performance counters to all users

The program I am trying to profile is just a single Compute Shader dispatch and a fullscreen quad.

Thank you for your time, and I hope there is a fix for this.

Looks like series 10 GPUs are supported only up until Nsight Graphics version 2021.1. If I use that version everything works fine.

I suggest changing the error message to be more descriptive or at least different than the “No permissions” version.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.