Read Interlaced signal comming from CSI-2

Hi everyone.

My name’s Hai.
Can anyone tell me is it possible to read 720x576@30fps interlaced signal from CSI-2 port on JetsonTX1?
If it does, how can i write the driver to adapt that need?
Please help me!

What’s kind of interlace signal? is this interlaced video input?

I mean interlace video input comming directly to csi-2 port.

It’s looks like YUV sensor, suppose can support it.
Please check the “sensor programing guide” in l4t-document.
Also search the YUV sensor topic for referenced.

I’m sorry because my question is not quite clear.

I want to capture interlace video from CSI-2 and de-interlace those ODD,EVEN frames to full frame.
As i experimented, system does not know video signal comming from CSI-2 is ODD or EVEN so system could not de-interlace 2 half frames to single frame.
And i tried to de-interlace at software level by placing line EVEN after line ODD sequentially and as the result, i can get i full frame but it has interlace effect and the frame look not good.
So i decided to double line of ODD frame and EVEN frame to make sure no signal lost, frame looks nice.

By the way. Better to buy the board that can convert signal to CSI-2 with de-interlace supported when working with TX1/TX2.

@haihoangsoftware would you mind sharing the code changes you made in order to get this to work?

I mean software level like i get half frames with opencv and then do de-interlace with those raw half frames.

Thanks for your response. Would you be able to help with the following;

I have an Auvidea B102 + Auvidea J120 + Jetson TX2 setup.

So far I have managed to re-write the tc358743 driver to support capturing progressive video, I have tested with several resolutions and all seem to work well. My problem now is that I cannot capture interlaced video.

When testing with the interlaced format (1920x1080i60), the tc358743 driver seems to handle everything fine with no errors. So I feel like the issue is with how the Jetson TX2 is handling the data on the CSI-2 Input source.

Is this the case? if so, do you know what needs to be modified in the L4T 28.1 kernel in order to fix this?