Realtime render RTX settings complex environments

Good morning,
I am curious of one thing. I’ve a couple of complex environments (e.g. the Australia Rural example from UE).

I wondered if there are a set of settings that allows realtime RTX render (i.e. > 30 fps) without compromising shadows or too many details.

I’ve a RTX Quadro 5000, however memory utilization stays around 2GB and rendering around 6 fps.

Hi @eliabntt94 , does this document help answer your question? Omniverse RTX Renderer Overview — Omniverse Robotics documentation

This seems new. I’ll check it out and get back to you. Thanks

Hi @rthaker. I was able to check the webpage you linked. I tested through the application itself. I was not able to reach realtime (>40fps) performances (unless I skip rendering steps, disable shadows, highly reduce image sizes, or other similar tricks). However, my guess is that this is more related the presence of animated objects/meshes in the scene. Indeed, letting physics in the GPU (disabled by default apparently) helped.

I might have time to explore with the reflection parameters of the materials. However, I don’t think it’ll help much.

Later, I’ll try also manually stepping and rendering. However, that for me has the problem that there is no “blocking” rendering call, i.e. a thing that I can call .render() and the full rendering happens (e.g. all the 64 spp, or the full rendering for RTX based on FPS).

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.