Remote users not able to connect to local nucleus server

I’m running a local nucleus server, I’ve setup the public IP and allowed port connection(8080).

I can open the nucleus server interface in the browser on the local machine using the public IP instead of localhost, but remote users aren’t able to connect to the local server by invitation code. The error code shows in the browser was “Refused to connect”.

How do I setup my nucleus server correctly?

Hi @renton.hsu.vfx ! It’s great to see an NVIDIA AI Ambassador working in Omniverse!

You are using Omniverse Nucleus Workstation, correct - not Omniverse Enterprise Nucleus Docker? If so, you will need to create users on the Nucleus workstation and those users need to be on same network (if they are remote, they will need to be on same VPN…they need to see each other’s hard drives).

Install Guide: Omniverse Install Guide — Omniverse Installation Guide documentation

General directions for Nucleus Workstation is here: Installation — Omniverse Nucleus documentation

We also have a great video playlist for Nucleus here: Playlist | TYPE - Community Stream | NVIDIA On-Demand

Including, an overview of install with NVIDIA’s Paul Kind:

More resources on the installation from the community:

A nice general overview from NVIDIA’s TJ Galda: Overview of Omniverse Nucleus - YouTube

Cheers,
Edmar

P.S. We are constantly adding new tutorials and aggregate them all in the “learn” tab on the launcher (also see: NVIDIA Omniverse Tutorials | NVIDIA Developer).

he / him | LinkedIn | Discord ID: Prof E#2041
Omniverse: “A New Era of Collaboration and Simulation” (video)
Omniverse Create’s latest features show & tell: Twitch livestream.
As seen in VentureBeat | Physics Showcase

Omniverse Resources:
Open Beta | Documentation | Tech Requirements | Videos | Roadmap | Twitter | Discord | Twitch

PLEASE NOTE: If you are reporting a bug/issue, please provide OS, GPU, GPU Driver, the version of the app, and full log file (if applicable). For crashes, please zip and provide a link to your logs → C:\Users\ [YOUR NAME] \ .nvidia-omniverse\logs

2 Likes

Thank you very much for your reply, it’s really helpful.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.