We have recently picked up Omniverse Replicator here at Surveily and have some initial thoughts on using it. We have chosen the new YAML workflow in attempt of having non-engineers be able to manipulate our templates to create new scenarios.
It would be helpful if the following features were added to the workflow:
- Input YAML validation. Currently if someone misspells a property name or function name we will learn about that mistake later in the process of generation. Having a YAML schema that is validated upfront would be very helpful.
- Allow for opening stage. Currently the only option is to load from usd but that is not the equivalent. We get different paths and settings.
- Allow for loading MDL files to the World. Currently the only option is to add them to the usd file and load it.
- Better error information. Currently when something goes wrong there are just some random python errors and noone is the wiser. Especially when using randomizer.material with a list of materials.
- Fix your warnings. Currently running a simple YAML against the ISAAC container produces many warnings.
Thanks in advance for consideration!