SDK manager can't install software on Jetson TX2 development kit

When I try to reinstall the software on my TX2 kit form the host computer using SDK managers it fails. The first error message is “Access to APT repository and ability to install Debian packages with it.” If I click on “Skip” and try anyway it fails, the first message I get in the terminal tab is “ERROR: Install pre check Access to APT repository and ability to install Debian packages with it. verify failed”
I am lost …

Hi thierry-arlandis.

Are you behind a proxy server?
Can you please package and attach the ~/.nvsdkm directory for more investigation?

Thank you for your reply.

I am not sure about the proxy server, I am on a company network so this could be the case.

I am sending you the sdkm log.

Rgds

SDKM_logs_JetPack_4.5.1_Linux_for_Jetson_TX2_2021-08-03_19-14-05.zip (102.9 KB)

Hi thierry-arlandis,

This is environment issue. The installation requires that “sudo apt-get update” can be run successfully. However, from the log, we could see following errors when running this command:

19:00:55.147 - error: Install pre check Access to APT repository and ability to install Debian packages with it. verify failed.
19:00:55.148 - info: Precheck is complete: PREREQUISITE_APT_HOST, Duration: 00:00:04
19:00:55.148 - info: Event: Precheck action ended: PREREQUISITE_APT_HOST - 0 - Access to APT repository and ability to install Debian packages with it. - failed
19:00:55.154 - error: Access to APT repository and ability to install Debian packages with it.: Apt repository check failure (sudo -S apt-get update && sudo -S apt-get check).

E: Impossible de récupérer http://ppa.launchpad.net/ignaciovizzo/opencv3-nonfree/ubuntu/dists/xenial/main/binary-amd64/Packages 404 Not Found [IP : 91.189.95.85 80]
W: Le téléchargement de quelques fichiers d’index a échoué, ils ont été ignorés, ou les anciens ont été utilisés à la place.

Please check your /etc/apt/ directory and see if any file contains the “http://ppa.launchpad.net/ignaciovizzo/opencv3-nonfree/ubuntu/dists/xenial/main/binary-amd64/Packages” entry. Comment that line, then run “sudo apt-get update” command again. If everything goes well, retry installation with SDK Manager.

1 Like

Hi

The precheck action has failed on the host from what I can see. Does this mean that I have to run “sudo apt-get update” on the host and not on the target ?

Could you please tell me if I am right or wrong.

Rgds

The host does downloading, and although there are times it might apply to a Jetson, the above is for the host PC. This part of the URL gives it away as being a PC instead of being a Jetson:
binary-amd64

Another reason it might fail is if the password you give SDKM cannot install host side (PC) packages via apt (this would be a permission issue though rather than being a missing specification of where to find the package).

The pre-check action command, sudo apt-get update, must pass on both host and Jetson.
JetPack includes components on both host and target. And before flashing, when it sets up target image to be flashed to Jetson target, it needs apt-get install some components from the network.

Hi

Now I can get it to download but it doesnt want to install CUDA, opencv … etc. Here is the log below. Could anybody tell me what is wrong please ?

Thank you

SDKM_logs_JetPack_4.6_Linux_for_Jetson_TX2_2021-08-09_13-38-33.zip (199.0 KB)

Hi thierry,

There are many ssh errors in the log:

/usr/bin/ssh: /usr/local/lib/libcrypto.so.1.0.0: no version information available (required by /usr/bin/ssh)

This error occurs when trying to run from host machine with ssh command. The ssh command is used to install components on target, and query if the component is installed successfully on target.

Can you please fix this environment issue then retry installation with SDK Manager?

This worked! Thank you! For the error when the install breaks due to a package repo error:

Find the package repo that’s breaking. Search for it in /etc/apt, and comment it out.