Tegrastats utility

Hardware Platform: [Example: DRIVE AGX Xavier™ Developer Kit, E3550]
Software Version: [Example: DRIVE Software 10, DRIVE Software 9]
Host Machine Version: [Example: native Ubuntu 18.04]
SDK Manager Version: [Example: 1.0.1.5538]

Hello,

I have an custom made eye tracker application with GUI running on Xavier A. I was interested to see the CPU resources utilized by this application. This application does not utilize GPU or DLA.

I have implemented the -tegrastats command. I see that the application is running on several cores. How do I enable the application to utilise only core 1 and core 2 of the Xavier, while the other CPU cores are set as ‘OFF’ ?

Dear @aburhanu,
Is it a multi threaded application? Are you asking to disable CPU cores? If so, could you check http://www.upubuntu.com/2011/09/how-to-disable-cpu-core-on-ubuntudebian.html?m=0

Yes i am asking to disable the cores. okay i will check this!

Hello again , it was possible to disable the cores using the commands mentioned in the link above.

However, is it possible to distribute certain workload across the core 1 and core 2 ? For example, application running on core 1 and GUI on core 2 ?

Dear @aburhanu,
There is no tool on board specifically to set CPU affinity on board from NVIDIA. However you can set affinity in linux in several ways like via taskset, sched_setaffinity etc.