The "ConfigurationGeneral" rule is missing the "ToolchainPlugin" property

Hi,

I have build APK file with external build tool, and I like to launch it and debug it with Nsight.
But when I try to debug the project, I get error (from nsight tegra log):

2016-06-10 18:44:50.8536|WARN|Nvidia.PentaK.VSInterop.Impl.VCRulePropertyStorage|[VSInterop] GetEvaluatedPropertyValue ToolchainPlugin failed: The “ConfigurationGeneral” rule is missing the “ToolchainPlugin” property.

How can I add the ToolchainPlugin property please in order to debug the APK?

Thank you.

Hi matrindeveloper,

It seems corrupt installation of Nsight Tegra. normally, there is no need to set this. Could reinstall your Nsight Tegra and try again?
If it is still concurring, please tell us what are the versions of your Nsight Tegra and Visual Studio?
and send us the complete Nsight Tegra log.

Victor

Hi,

I have the same problem. My Nsight Version is 5.4, with VS2015. Here is the log:

2018-07-23 17:28:52.0026|INFO|Nvidia.PentaK.Utilities.RedirProcess|10-launch: C:\NVPACK\android-sdk-windows\platform-tools\adb.exe “version” [C:\NVPACK\android-sdk-windows\platform-tools]
2018-07-23 17:28:52.0674|INFO|Nvidia.PentaK.Utilities.RedirProcess|10-stdout:
Android Debug Bridge version 1.0.39
Version 0.0.1-4500957
Installed as C:\NVPACK\android-sdk-windows\platform-tools\adb.exe

2018-07-23 17:28:52.0674|INFO|Nvidia.PentaK.Utilities.RedirProcess|10-stderr:

2018-07-23 17:28:52.0674|INFO|Nvidia.PentaK.Utilities.RedirProcess|10-exited: code 0, finished in 62 ms
2018-07-23 17:28:52.0674|WARN|Nvidia.PentaK.VSInterop.Impl.VCRulePropertyStorage|[VSInterop] GetEvaluatedPropertyValue ToolchainPlugin failed: The “ConfigurationGeneral” rule is missing the “ToolchainPlugin” property.
Microsoft.VisualStudio.ProjectSystem.ProjectException: The “ConfigurationGeneral” rule is missing the “ToolchainPlugin” property.
在 Microsoft.VisualStudio.ProjectSystem.Utilities.ProjectErrorUtilities.ThrowProjectExceptionHelper(Exception innerException, String unformattedMessage, Object args)
在 Microsoft.VisualStudio.ProjectSystem.Utilities.ProjectErrorUtilities.ThrowProjectException(String message, Object arg0, Object arg1)
在 Microsoft.VisualStudio.Project.VisualC.VCProjectEngine.VCRulePropertyStorage.<>c__DisplayClass5_0.<b__0>d.MoveNext()
— 引发异常的上一位置中堆栈跟踪的末尾 —
在 System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ThrowForNonSuccess(Task task)
在 System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)
在 Microsoft.VisualStudio.Project.VisualC.VCProjectEngine.ApartmentMarshaler.<>c__DisplayClass9_01.<<Invoke>b__0>d.MoveNext() --- 引发异常的上一位置中堆栈跟踪的末尾 --- 在 System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ThrowForNonSuccess(Task task) 在 System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task) 在 Microsoft.VisualStudio.Threading.JoinableTask.CompleteOnCurrentThread() 在 Microsoft.VisualStudio.Threading.JoinableTask1.CompleteOnCurrentThread()
在 Microsoft.VisualStudio.Threading.JoinableTaskFactory.Run[T](Func1 asyncMethod, JoinableTaskCreationOptions creationOptions) 在 Microsoft.VisualStudio.Threading.JoinableTaskFactory.Run[T](Func1 asyncMethod)
在 Microsoft.VisualStudio.Project.VisualC.VCProjectEngine.ApartmentMarshaler.Invoke[TResult](Func`1 method)
在 Microsoft.VisualStudio.Project.VisualC.VCProjectEngine.VCRulePropertyStorage.GetEvaluatedPropertyValue(String propertyName)
在 Nvidia.PentaK.VSInterop.Impl.VCRulePropertyStorage.GetEvaluatedPropertyValue(String propertyName)

And Nsight5.6 has the same problem.

Hi 14553291,

It seems you have messed up with Nsight with Nsight Tegra and installing them both on your pc.
Nsight is another tool for Graphic and CUDA.
Nsight Tegra is for android.
And the Latest version Nsight Tegra is 3.5. (Nsight 5.6 that you mentioned should be Nsight for Graphic and CUDA).

But your error log is about Nsight Tegra.

So can you install the latest VS 2015 update and Visual C++ project system(which is not by default in VS2015)?

It’s better to use English Visual Studio 2015. Other language packs are not guaranteed, Android NDK maybe not work well with the non-ASCII chars in the paths.

Victor

Hi Victor,
Thank you for your reply.
My VS2015 is Update3 version which is the latest version.
My project is not created by VS2015, so may not contain the “ToolchainPlugin” property. May this cause the problem?

Anson

Hi Anson,
You can create an android HelloWorld project via template Wizard in the VS2015 then compare HellWorld.vcxproj with your_project.vcxproj to see what’s missing.

If that doesn’t work, please share your your_project.vcxproj to us.

Victor

Hi Victor:
That is a good idea. I use this method, and resolve my problem.
Thanks a lot.

Anson