The USB3.0 & USB2.0 compliance test method on nano devkit

Hi, Nvidia

Could you share the USB3.0 & USB2.0 compliance test method on both upstream & down stream port of hub on nano devkit?

Thank you!

Please check

Jetson Nano Interface Tuning and Compliance Guide Application Note

I know, but this document only suitable to the port directly connect to nano, on develop-kit, the usb port connect to the hub

Hi,

For hub case, you have to use the tool from vendor. Please refer to this thread.

Does this script suitable to usb3.0 ?

Hi,

Eye diagram should only be needed for 2.0.

However,in USB3.0 spec, The USB 3.0 compliance test need many compliance pattern. If do a compliance test with develop-kit, it should have ability to generate compliance pattern.

Hi,

Why do you want to run compliance test on jetson nano devkit?

I mean such test is generally needed when you have own custom carrier board and you need to tune the signal again.

It seems pointless to ask us to share a tool for you to run on nano devkit.

We have the same design with develop-kit, and Realtek can not provide script to run compliance on Linux, I think develop-kit have test external usb port compliance test , so ask you to share the tool, then we can test on develop-kit and our own board.

and Realtek can not provide script to run compliance on Linux

Could you share more detail about what does this mean? Actually, I don’t think we can share a RTK tool to you directly.

The previous one for usb2.0 is a public source file.

liumiao,

Please try to modify the command with below.

ret = libusb_control_transfer(hub_devh, 0x23, 0x03, 0x5, (0x0a00 | test_port_num ), NULL, 0, 100000);

Hi,WayneWWW

Thank you. Does this modify for USB3.0 or USB2.0?

For USB3.0.

Hi,WayneWWW

the “realtek_hub_test_mode.zip” seems works well for usb2.0.

After change
ret = libusb_control_transfer(hub_devh, 0x23, 0x03, 0x5, (0x0a00 |test_port_num ), NULL, 0, 100000);

It prints:“[error]:test mode command fail”

What is the value of ret?

And please note that this request is valid only when the downstream port is in the DSPORT.Disconnected state.

Which means you cannot connect any device when you run this command. You can only connect it afterwards.

Hi, WayneWWW

I change the pid from 5411 to 0411(0411 is the USB3.0 hub Pid), then the command can execute.
before connect device, there is no signal, after connect the device, in“lsusb” can find the device, there are also signals, but I am not sure it ‘s pattern or not.
does this command to generate CP0 pattern? How about other pattern for CP1…CP8?

Hi liumiao,

For this part, you may contact Realtek and ask them to share the spec to you.

We also follow the spec of Realtek. But it is better for you to have a full one.

OK, Thank you!