The user data partition was erased

Hi all,
I created a new partition CFG to store user config data in this way such as below page:

But,when I packaged firmware with nvmassflashgen.sh script, and then burned with nvmflash.sh ,i found that my partition data was erased and cfg data was gone.

So,How can I keep my config data partition from being erased by nvmflash.sh burned.

hello zndxwjun,

may I know your commands to perform nvmassflashgen, did you use the customize cfg file?

i use commands to build firmware such as below:

function BuildPkg()
{
export PACK_PATH=$BUILD_ROOT/project/

pushd $PACK_PATH > /dev/null
export BOARDID=3448
export BOARDSKU=0002
export FAB=400
export FUSELEVEL=fuselevel_production

$SUDO  ./nvmassflashgen.sh fw.tar.gz jetson-nano-devkit-emmc mmcblk0p1
popd > /dev/null

}

hello zndxwjun,

please see-also Topic 168311.
please check EEPROM for the board information, you may check it via i2c, i.e. $ sudo i2cdump -f -y 2 0x50

Thanks, do I have to add eeprom to save user data?

hello zndxwjun,

did you modify the Nano’s default xml file, or you have a customize xml file to define your partition layout.
could you please try the normal flash.sh for flashing, are you able to see your user defined partition?

hello JerryChang,
I modified the xml, my partition is normal and mount succeed, and I can see my defined partition data, but the problem is, my partition be erased by nvmflash.sh upgrade.

hello zndxwjun,

please review the xml file created by mfi_<device_name>.tbz2 package. is this include your defined partition data?

hello JerryChang,
i reviewed it. my partition exists but it was formatted and the partition data was gone, i found that the upgrade will erases all partition information

There is no update from you for a period, assuming this is not an issue any more.
Hence we are closing this topic. If need further support, please open a new one.
Thanks

hello zndxwjun,

what’s your step in detail, did you have apt upgrade in your process?

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.