Time synchronization using PPS signal from GPS

Hello,

I want to use PPS signal from GPS for time synchronization to all sensors connected to NVIDIA DRIVE AGX, but i didn’t find any information how to do it.
Where i can find pinout spec from “GPIO and PPS” cable to know how should i connect PPS signal from gps to NVIDIA?
After proper connection pps signal to nvidia it will appear as /dev/nvpps0 automatically or i need to set something first (e.g. recompile kernel to set specific config)?

Thanks
Kamil

Please provide the following info (check/uncheck the boxes after clicking “+ Create Topic”):
Software Version
DRIVE OS Linux 5.2.0
[+] DRIVE OS Linux 5.2.0 and DriveWorks 3.5
NVIDIA DRIVE™ Software 10.0 (Linux)
NVIDIA DRIVE™ Software 9.0 (Linux)
other DRIVE OS version
other

Target Operating System
[+] Linux
QNX
other

Hardware Platform
[+] NVIDIA DRIVE™ AGX Xavier DevKit (E3550)
NVIDIA DRIVE™ AGX Pegasus DevKit (E3550)
other

SDK Manager Version
[+] 1.4.0.7363
other

Host Machine Version
[+] native Ubuntu 18.04
other

Hi @tkacz ,

Are you asking for using DriveWorks time module? It only support specific sensors as mentioned in the document page.

@VickNV thanks for reply.

I want to record synchronized data from cameras and lidars using DriveWorks tools such as recorder or recorder-tui. To do that i want to use external GPS device as timestamp reference but i can’t find any information what should i do to force AGX Xavier to use it.

Hi,

We have swiftnavi Pixi device. It is possible to send NMEA messages over serial. Is it possible to create a time sensor with such a device? We can capture data from GPS when connecting this serial to Nvidia Xavier USB port with:
./sample_gps_logger --driver=gps.uart --params=device=/dev/ttyUSB0,baud=115200

Can we somehow also run timesensor? If yes how should we connect serial to Nvidia Xavier? what parameters should be used in the rig file?

We thought that timesensor should look like:
protocle: time.nvpps
parameters: nvpps-device=/dev/nvpps0 ,reference-type=NMEA,baud=9115200, gps-serial-device=/dev/ttyUSB0

how can we add nvpps-device=/dev/nvpps0 because there is no device found at such path.

Thanks

As mentioned in DriveWorks SDK Reference: Time, currently Time sensor is supported through Garmin 18X and Novatel GPS sensors. So I would suggest you to start with the supported sensors. Thanks.