Trying to port Pinmux excel file to a linux plain text plus script

Hi there,

I am trying to port the excel file into something useable in linux, like a plain text file and a script that runs the same kind of macros in bash.

I have accessed most of the information in the spreadsheet, but there are a few macros used in the error checker ranges that would be good to add.

Could you provide the password to unprotect the spreadsheet please? (Currently using version 1.8, Revision 39)

After I finished the porting, I might ask a few questions about bits in the spreadsheet that appear not implemented/hidden, like open-drain, and bits that appear to have some error in it, like macros looking for things like “open-drain” in the E_OD when it only appears to have Enable/Disable…

Thanks
David

Something here may be helpful.

https://github.com/whitesscott/jetson-agx-pinmux-without-excel

Nvidia historically has not provided password to spreadsheet.

Hi david.fernandez,

Sorry that we don’t provide the password for the excel pinmux spreadsheet.
The official supported method to configure the pinmux is using the pinmux spreadsheet with Macro in Excel.

You can simply refer to what whitesscott shared and check if it could help for your case.

Hi @whitesscott,

I can see you have there the event macros (updating the checker cells) that I could not access, so I’ll add those to my implementation.

It is a sad state of events to keep that spreadsheet under password, as a black box is not too useful for those that use different tools, and prevents updating the macros for new versions of the sheet.

Does not help either that the Thor TRM has even less details on the pinmux registers than the JAX[i] one.

Anyway, I guess that is the state of it for now.

Regards
David

Hi @whitesscott,

After adding it all, I see a couple of problems with the default values in the spreadsheet (assuming they apply to the devkit, but will check that thouroughly later):

  1. pinmux_generate.sh: row 56 (pex_l4_clkreq_n_pd0): 3.3V tolerance (E_IO_OD) cannot be enabled on an unused pin !
  2. pinmux_generate.sh: row 57 (pex_l4_rst_n_pd1): 3.3V tolerance (E_IO_OD) cannot be enabled on an unused pin !
  3. There seem to be a few pin directions that have Not_Assigned instead of Not Assigned (underscore instead of space).
  4. There is some logic in FillArrays to implement some sort of open drain behaviour by having Pin Direction set as Open-Drain, but I see no such choice in the Pin Direction dropdown.

Hopefully the driver APIs to have open-drain behaviour by setting 1/Z as input, and 0 as output-0 will still work.

Interestingly, what appears to be the Open-Drain setting (E_IO_OD) is used for 3v3 tolerance (DDC+RCV_SEL), while the alledged open-drain, that is not available, is done by setting the OD bit.

The first two, I leave them disabled by now in the checker function, so it still generates the DT… apparently, you should be able to config that even if the pin is not used.

Hi @KevinFFF,

Maybe release the next version with an empty protection password, so we can update what is changing into our tools.

Regards
David