tx2 antenna range

can somebody give me some in sight on the expected range with the 2 wifi antenna, also what would be the impact if both antennas are orientated differently? what are the pros/cons using only 2 rather than 1?

thanks for any input

Please try to find more antenna infomation in JETSON TX1 AND JETSON TX2 OEM WIRELESS COMPLIANCE GUIDE: https://developer.nvidia.com/embedded/dlc/Jetson-TX1-OEM-Wireless-Compliance-Guide

BT is always connected to Ant 0(J2009) and wifi connected to Ant 0 and ant 1(J2008) on Jetson TX2.
It supports IEEE802.11 a/b/g/n/ac. (SISO for 802.11a/b/g, MIMO for 802.11n/ac). So both antennas should be connected.
And it’s OK if both antennas are orientated differently.

Hi AlexHou,

Here is my issue with TX2 Bluetooth - At the moment, I have to keep my Android phone literally beside the board for my phone to detect the TX2 bluetooth and connect to it. The moment I take 2 steps away, then the TX2 bluetooth is gone from my Android phone’s list of Bluetooth devices nearby.

I am not using a Bluetooth Antenna. Can using a bluetooth antenna extend the range?

Later on I connected a bluetooth antenna to the board. Please see the attached photo. Is this the right way to connect it? It does not solve the issue of poor Bluetooth range

Hi kamalesh.narayan,
Please try move your antenna to J2009 or connect both antenna.
Looks your anntenna is connected to J2008 currently.

Thank you for your response, Will try it out.

If Bluetooth is deactivated, will both antennas be used for 2.4 GHz Wifi? Or how will it behave?

Both antennas are used for 2.4GHz.