Same problem here on with X11, driver 590.48.01 on kernel 6.19.6. I haven’t managed to get any of the workarounds working and this is stalling our project.
It’s easy for me to patch both kernel and driver if there’s any fix you’d like us to test.
I am testing this currently on the latest 595 with the PPA ppa:canonical-kernel-team/nvidia-graphics and it appears to be fixed! Ubuntu 24.04 and I understand the driver is packaged for upcoming 26.04 by default.
I just tested with 595 here on a RTX A5000 and X11. I can’t get display through fiberoptics DP1.4 cables with this driver.
If I use old DP1.2 cables, I can get it to work (including daisy-chain). Display detection is significantly slower with this new driver than it was with 590, but now the error message is gone.
With the fiberoptics DP1.4 cables, I have display on the ‘boot’ monitor all the way until the nvidia kernel module starts. I also tested daisy-chained monitors using those same fiberoptics DP1.4 cables on an Intel GPU with windows. They work flawlessly so this definitely seems like a driver-related issue.
I’m guessing the next step is to setup windows on this (RTX A5000) machine to make sure it the hardware is exactly the same. Alternatively, I could also try Nouveau, but this box really needs Linux+CUDA to be useful.
The problem is still manifesting for me with the 595.58.03 driver on EndeavourOS, however, the error in dmesg has changed to this:
[ 55.575702] [drm] [nvidia-drm] [GPU ID 0x00000a00] Failed to get dynamic displays during device registration. Dynamic displays may be probed in non-deterministic order.
Would appreciate if the team could take a look, @amrits .
nvidia-bug-report.log.gz (532.5 KB)
Hi @shay.brynes
Would you mind testing with driver 610.43.03 and share the feedback.
Yeh, still not working.
Monitor has MST enabled during boot and I just get a black screen after the initial boot screens. Disabling MST without rebooting gives me the screen back. There is nothing clear in the bug report.
nvidia-bug-report.log.gz (658.9 KB)
The same monitors and cabling work on a Window 11 laptop with an intel iGPU, just not my Linux workstation.
Hi @swarankar.ani24 @shay.brynes
Need your help to run tests with latest released driver and share feedback.
Hi Amrits,
Thanks again for poking on the thread. I’m still seeing the same issue, but with Kernel 7.2.6-arch2-1 and nvidia driver 615.71.09.
Can you let me know if you need something more specific testing than the bug report?
nvidia-bug-report.log.gz (719.5 KB)