Ubuntu login page can not display on Hdmi

Maybe you can share the command you used to prepare the sdcard rootfs.

It may help us clarify what is going wrong here.

1.I change the sdmmc3 status to okay;
2.I set the sd detect pin;
3. insert the sdcard to sd slot, linux can find it by lsblk, and it’s mount ok;
4. execute l4t_create_default_user.sh to create the user and password;
5. I tar the rootfs on the sdk(tar czvf rootfs.tar.gz *);
6. I used scp command to copy it from my vmvare to the mount point and uncompress;
7. then I change the extlinux.conf, add mmcblk1p1 to it;
8. I reboot and rootfs can be loaded by sd card;
9. I find ubuntu can not login by hdmi;

Could you find a native ubuntu x86 host and follow the " Flashing to a USB Drive" instructions in below document? Just replace every usb drive node to your sdcard node.

I guess your step in 5,6 will lead to something wrong. Better following this steps first.

https://docs.nvidia.com/jetson/archives/l4t-archived/l4t-3261/index.html#page/Tegra%20Linux%20Driver%20Package%20Development%20Guide/flashing.html#wwpID0E01O0HA

ok,I’ll try thanks!

It‘s Ok thanks you!
I have some question for you,:

  1. What does this sentence do: “sudo BOOTDEV=sda1 ./flash.sh --no-flash sda1”;
    2.I change the rootfs for sd card by change the extlinux, Whether the authorities have any other options?;

What does this sentence do: “sudo BOOTDEV=sda1 ./flash.sh --no-flash sda1

This one is just same as creating a “root=/dev/sda1” in your extlinux.conf but as a more proper way. This way will make sure bootloader is using sda1 instead of mmcblk0p1.