Unable to find CUDAToolkit

Hi,

We would like to use VPI with python 3.10. We are currently using Jetpack 5.1 since Jetpack 6 is in developer preview. Using the source provided for VPI in JetPack 6, I am trying to build python binding for version 3.10 in JetPack 5, VPI 2.X. While building I get the following error, which is that it is unable to find CUDAToolkit

CMake Error at CMakeLists.txt:115 (find_package):
  By not providing "FindCUDAToolkit.cmake" in CMAKE_MODULE_PATH this project
  has asked CMake to find a package configuration file provided by
  "CUDAToolkit", but CMake did not find one.

Could not find a package configuration file provided by "CUDAToolkit" with
  any of the following names:

CUDAToolkitConfig.cmake
    cudatoolkit-config.cmake

Add the installation prefix of "CUDAToolkit" to CMAKE_PREFIX_PATH or set
  "CUDAToolkit_DIR" to a directory containing one of the above files.  If
  "CUDAToolkit" provides a separate development package or SDK, be sure it
  has been installed.

-- Configuring incomplete, errors occurred!

What I have done so far

• Since I was able to build the bindings successfully on Jetpack 6, I was able to see what the CUDAToolkit_DIR was set to /usr/local/cuda/include. I set this in the CMakelist.txt but still got the same error.
  • I also verified that cuda-toolkit was installed
  • Current version of cuda is 11.4

Please let me know what additional information is required

Side Note:
There is an error in the CMakelists.txt provided in the /opt/nvidia/vpi3/src/python, line 47: find_package(vpi 2.0 REQUIRED) which should be find_package(vpi 3.0 REQUIRED) since Jetpack 6 is using vpi 3.0

Hi,

VPI 2.x and 3.0 have lots of API changes.
This should not work and not be supported.

A better solution is to wait for the JetPack GA release.
Thanks.

I understand but since Jetpack 6 was delayed, I have no option. I will make the necessary changes, please help me understand why it isn’t able to find the CUDAToolkit Dir even if I am explicitly giving it a path

Hi,

A possible cause is different cmake is used.
Could you try to use the same cmake version to see if it can work?

Thanks.

Hi @AastaLLL , thank you but since Jetpack 6 DP can’t be upgraded over OTA we won’t be proceeding with this method. We have found some other work around thank you for you help

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.