"unexpected end of file" in pgilinux86-64-625.tar.

I got a fresh copy (twice) from the download page, and got this error each time. Tar xvf expands many files, but ends with:

common/index.htm
common/java_jre.tar.gz

gzip: stdin: unexpected end of file
tar: Unexpected EOF in archive
tar: Unexpected EOF in archive
tar: Error is not recoverable: exiting now

Can someone check the file? It is PGF77 Server, 32 and 64 bit, Linux, 6.2.5, from the download archive.

Check to see that the partition where you are unpacking the tarfile has enough free space available.

Also, on the downloads page, there’s an MD5 checksum displayed. You can also run /usr/bin/md5sum against your downloaded tarfile and see if the two checksums match. If not, then you definitely have a problem.

I would check the diskspace first to make sure that you had enough space when you downloaded, and have enough space to unpack.

John
PGI Webmaster

There’s plenty of disk space (~80GB). I’ve tried on 2 different systems. Version 6.2.5 download page doesn’t show me a checksum. So, I tried the latest version, even though that’s not what I want right now. Similar results, and that checksum does NOT match. Now I suspect something due to the proxy I download through, although everything appeared to work fine.

You’re right, the checksums started in Release 7.0. Here’s the value
you are looking for.

fd0236d97c0a262d165c1c6d1ac9ab01 pgilinux86-64-625.tar.gz

I downloaded from a different location, with Firefox on Linux instead of iE on xp, and all is good now. Thanks!