Using Jetson Nano as an isolated wifi Acess Point and server

Hello,

I want to use the Jetson nano as a field device that collects sensor and audio data, visualizes the results using the GPU and then acts as a server with a wifi Access Point that displays the results as well as provides access to the recorded data via ftp. I am at the stage now where i have prototyped everything and wanted to start work on the access point and server, the problem i’m having is to do with configuring an access point using a ‘Tp-Link TL-WN725N’ wireless N Nano USB Adapter.

I followed an old post where somebody already had some success in doing this: https://forums.developer.nvidia.com/t/creating-wifi-ap-hotspot-on-jetson-nano/72982

I got to the final command from the solution using nmcli (network manager) nmcli con up JetsonAP but was greeted with an error, Error: Connection activation failed: No suitable device found for this connection.

As that thread was closed in 2019, I am asking here for advice on what you think i should try next, or if there is a better hardware that i should be using instead of this TP-Link? The device works fine for connecting to other wifi routers but does not configure as an AP , i also saw it does not have drivers for aarch64, so i guess that is sub optimal but strange it works in other configurations.

Thank you if you could help.

I’m closing this topic due to there is no update from you for a period, assuming this issue was resolved.
If still need the support, please open a new topic. Thanks

Sorry for the late response, have you managed to get issue resolved or still need the support? Thanks

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.