I have 3 attached screens. Video tears on all of them despite Xv Sync to VBlank being set to the screen on which the video playing. This occurs with VDPAU and Xv. I am using a non-composited awesomewm desktop.
Here are some things I’ve tried:
- mplayer with -vo gl3; -vo xv: no change
- flipping stuff around in nvidia-settings
- export __GL_SYNC_TO_VBLANK=1
- running nvidia-settings -l on X startup
- export __VDPAU_NVIDIA_SYNC_DISPLAY_DEVICE=[screen]
- Playing video under cairo-compmgr-git
- Turning PowerMizer to Maximum from Adaptive
And some other stuff.
But I still get tearing all the time, on all screens, in all players. Note that I even tried a composited desktop, as some people say it is not possible to have real VSync on desktops that are not composited. I believe these people are incorrect because this is a regression – I don’t know the exact version I was on, but it seems around the New Year this tearing issue appeared. Previously, the video would sync to the display assigned in nvidia-settings.
I would really like this resolved. As I said, I feel it’s a regression. I’m currently using the 319.12 beta drivers. I upgraded in hopes they would resolve this as the changes seemed fairly extensive, but they haven’t. 313.xx has the same issue.
nvidia-bug-report.log.gz (88.3 KB)