Warning: Please do not update to WIP OS 21354 if you would like to use WSL with GPU support

Hi All,

A WIP update to Windows 10 preview build 21354 breaks GPU support for WSL.

Please follow the official announcement here under “Known Issues”:

2 Likes

I’m just getting started with CUDA on WSL2 and the only build available via the Dev Channel is WIP OS 21354. Does anyone know where to find earlier build ISOs (e.g. 21332 or higher, as recommended in the NVIDIA docs)? Google searches haven’t revealed much…

1 Like

This says you need build 20145 or later, so maybe you can get cuda working with an iso from here.

Thanks for the idea. Unfortunately, all of the ISO links provided on that page link to the same page that only allows you to download the ISO for build 21354.

2 Likes

So this is why I’ve wasted the past 13 hours… Okay. Well as someone that started setting this up today and 21354 seems to be the only build available in the program, where should I get an ISO?

2 Likes

Yeah, you are right, but too late for me.

1 Like

I just checked and am now downloading preview 21359.1 update. Supposedly this fixes the GPU situation.

1 Like

Build 21359.1 seems to be working so far for me. One important caveat from another forum, though. You have to add --env NVIDIA_DISABLE_REQUIRE=1 to your docker run commands when running NVIDIA Docker containers.

1 Like