What is (``”spawn_config”``)?

There is a section of the documentation titled:
Spawn Configuration JSON Properties (”spawn_config”).
link:https://docs.nvidia.com/isaac/isaac_sim/plugins/robot_builder/urdf.html

What is (”spawn_config”)?

Also, can someone show me a typical file tree for what a sim project would look like?
Where should this config file be? Should it be a section of the main .json config file that defines the graphs and messages and such? If not, are there any other parts of the project that should reference this config file?

Hi heelbruise,

About spawn_config:
spawn means when you for want to add a robot to your scene, and spawn_config is basically the configurations for your robot like scale, collision_mode,…

This will show you where the 2 main config files should live for the carter_sim project:

{
“graphs”: [“ABSOLUTE_PATH_TO_SDK/apps/carter/carter_sim/bridge_config/carter_full_graph.json”],
“configs”: [“ABSOLUTE_PATH_TO_SDK/apps/carter/carter_sim/bridge_config/carter_full_config.json”]
}

And for Kaya project, will be here:

{
“graphs”: [“ABSOLUTE_PATH_TO_SDK/apps/kaya/unreal_sim/bridge_config/kaya_full_graph.json”],
“configs”: [“ABSOLUTE_PATH_TO_SDK/apps/kaya/unreal_sim/bridge_config/kaya_full_config.json”]
}

Basically any project you have, the config file will be in the bridge_config folder.

Hope this helps,
Liila

Ahh this is very helpful!!

Another question, what is with the two single quotes and the double quotes surrounding spawn_config? (``”)

By the way, thank you so much for helping me and everyone on this forum. It is much appreciated.

what is with the two single quotes and the double quotes surrounding spawn_config? (``”)

That is a documenting typo, thanks for catching it :)

Of course, I would be happy to help.
Liila