I am having some trouble figuring out where the world origin is and the position of my robot (carter) with respect to this origin at any given time.
I currently have 2 different approaches which I am using to try and figure out where the robot is with respect to the world.
Option 1: Pose Tree - This is the approach I feel is the correct one as the PoseTree is where we should go for all pose related information. However, I was getting some unusual results and wanted to check other options for getting the ground-truth pose.
Option 2: RigidBody3Proto - I am led to understand that pose information in these messages comes straight from the simulation. I was wanting to see if it gave identical results to the PoseTree and if not which one was correct.
I cannot say 100% confidently which is the correct method or where the global “world” origin truly is.
My current thinking is that PoseTree world2robot is correct but I cannot see the direct relation to the RigidBody3Proto poses.
- Can somebody confirm my understanding and explain how the poses for RigidBody3Proto works?
- Does Isaac Sim (Unreal) and the SDK use the same coordinate system and if not how do they differ?
- Is RigidBody3Proto in the SDK coordinate system or in the Unreal coordinate system?
- Is the reference frame/origin for RigidBody3Proto the spawn point of the robot?
- What is the true world origin that should be used in applications and how does it relate to the PoseTree and the RigidBody3Proto poses?
- How do you set the world origin in a config file?
Any help with any or all of these questions would be greatly appreciated.
Apologies for the rambling nature of the post but I have been wrestling with this for a while now.