Windows 7 x64 drivers

Hi folks,

I’m getting an error while trying to install CUDA drivers on a new Windows 7 laptop; kinda hoping someone here could tell me what’s going on.

Error message:
The NVIDIA Setup program could not locate any drivers that are compatible with your current hardware. Setup will now exit.

System:
Dell Studio 14z with GeForce 9400M G
Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit

For what it’s worth, OS and drivers are all up to date.

Thanks in advance!

Download the 195.x drivers for notebooks from the main NVidia site. You have a mobile (9400M) chip.

Thanks for replying, but the currently installed graphics driver is the GeForce 9M series 195.62 notebook package for Vista 64 and Win7 64. Other ideas?

Same problem on a sony vaio win764. CUDA programs won’t run with the preinstalled driver (a 180.x) and no newer drivers can be installed b/c of above error message. I understand that with a notebook you should prefer the drivers from the OEM website, which will probably be not as up-to-date as those from nVidia, but I didn’t realize it would be impossible to install newer drivers at all! Any ideas?

Thanks,

nuun

Same problem here, cant seem to get the up to date drivers working for my MSI GT 640…keeps saying “The NVIDIA Setup program could not locate any drivers that are compatible with your current hardware. Setup will now exit.”

No idea why this is so, im also using Windows 7 x64…