Windows 8 (WRL) PhysX?

Is there a set of libs/DLL’s for this now? If not, is there a way I can get the source to compile it?

I am part of the “Registered Developer Program” but I’m not sure if that’s enough to gain access to all the source. There isn’t much source in the 3.2.2 release.

Thanks,
Jerry

I would like to add that there is a 3.2.1 Win8arm download but that might not solve my problem either.

I’m trying to build incorporate PhysX in the Windows Store “DirectX 3D Shooting Game Sample”. Additionally, I’m using VS2012 and at link time the following errors are reported:

1>PhysX3Extensions.lib(ExtDefaultErrorCallback.obj) : error LNK2038: mismatch detected for ‘_MSC_VER’: value ‘1600’ doesn’t match value ‘1700’ in BasicLoader.obj

1>PhysX3Extensions.lib(ExtDefaultErrorCallback.obj) : error LNK2038: mismatch detected for ‘_ITERATOR_DEBUG_LEVEL’: value ‘0’ doesn’t match value ‘2’ in BasicLoader.obj

1>libcmt.lib(sprintf.obj) : error LNK2005: _sprintf_s already defined in MSVCRTD.lib(MSVCR110D.dll)

Has anyone else encountered these errors with PhysX before? Does anyone know how to resolve them?

Thanks,
Jerry

Any help with this?

Additionally, I’m using VS2012
Afaik, Visual Studio 2012 is not supported currently.

is there a way I can get the source to compile it?
Source access is fee based

Thank you for the response. FYI - I can build and link with VS2012 for WIN32/WIN64. But when I try to do so for Windows Store I seem to have the problems above.

I have a similar problem.

Using Win7 though / VS2010 ultimate.

I am using the PhysX SDK in my own static lib project.
This lib contains oa. a GFX renderer, PhysX support, wiimote support, (de)serialisation, etc…

The generated static lib I then use in a Qt application (exe) project.
In release everything compiles and runs fine.

In DEBUG mode, however, the static lib compiles fine, but the linker chokes on trying to link the static lib to the app.

IE. A heap of these errors pops up during linking:

2>PhysX3Extensions.lib(ExtDefaultCpuDispatcher.obj) : error LNK2038: mismatch detected for ‘_ITERATOR_DEBUG_LEVEL’: value ‘0’ doesn’t match value ‘2’ in qrc_archivr.obj

2>PhysX3Vehicle.lib(VehicleUtils.obj) : error LNK2038: mismatch detected for ‘_ITERATOR_DEBUG_LEVEL’: value ‘0’ doesn’t match value ‘2’ in qrc_archivr.obj

As far as my research showed me so far, this error means I am trying to use a release built lib (value ‘0’ - the PhysX LIBS) in a debug build (value ‘2’ - the Qt app). I do not find any DEBUG libs in the PhysX SDK however.
There are only Checked/profile versions for some of the physX libs.
What are those?
Linking to those ‘checked’ or ‘profile’ libs gives same result… :-S

Anyone already bumped on the same problem/ solved it perhaps?
Ideally, I would like to be able to run the entire app with ITERATOR_DEBUG_LEVEL set to 2 off course :-)
Any help would be greatly appreciated!