Xavier A on NVIDIA Drive Xavier not able to flash / not able to boot

The output of the commands is in the respective file.
nvidia_tegra_reset_sequence.zip (2.09 KB)

tnx for this help for us

Dear lucas.mahler,

Could you please let me know which Drive Xavier do you have(DriveAGX or Pegasus)?
And the board SKU and serial number also. Thanks.

Hi lucas.mahler,

Could you provide the information asked by SteveNV at #23?

Also after the sequence, you should be able to see usb devices as below with lsusb command.
But I cannot find them in tegrareset_x2 of your “nvidia_tegra_reset_sequence.zip”.
It’s weird. According to your previous comments, it should at least detect one (Xavier B).

$ lsusb

Bus 001 Device 012: ID 0955:7019 NVidia Corp.
Bus 001 Device 011: ID 0955:7019 NVidia Corp.

Here the SKU and the serial number:

SKU: 940-63550-2000-100 S.2
S/N: E3550-B03-S0902

Please try again the command sequence on comment #19. After that, you should detect two Xaver devices.
I assume your Xavier B should be working well but the attached you provided at comment #21 didnt detect both Xavier A&B.

$ lsusb

Bus 001 Device 012: ID 0955:7019 NVidia Corp.
Bus 001 Device 011: ID 0955:7019 NVidia Corp.

Yes. We also thought it is weird. That’s why this thread was created about four months ago.

So as you asked to run the commands again, here are the results.
As you may notice, the results look the same. As in the previous results, in the “tegrareset_x2” file, you can see, that there is only one Xavier/nvidia device. → hence this thread was created

Thanks.
debug3.zip (2.61 KB)

Have you ever successfully installed DRIVE Software onto the system?
Do you have another system? If yes, could you try if DRIVE Software installation works on it?
If possible, please always try with the latest release (say DRIVE Software 10.0 for now).

Yes, as mentioned in the very first post we could only successfully install DRIVE on Xavier B and Xavier A was not able to boot.
We also have another system and successfully completed the installation process numerous times.
We tried with DRIVE Software 8, 9, and 10 with the same results.

Could you let us know how you tell? Have you ever successfully installed any DRIVE Software onto the system? Or it’s not able to flash from day one you received it? Thanks!

On day one the board was flashed with SW8. Then some People used it (telling me they did not change any configurations and used sdkmanager for flashing). Once I got the board, the first time I tried to Flash the board using sdkmanager I could not Flash both Tegras. After trying a few times I gave up and tried it the bootburn way. I managed to Flash Tegra B and realized that I can’t set Tegra A into recovery mode. thx

Hi @canyoupleasefixthis / @lucas.mahlerxxjus,

We would like to check if any power issues on your system. First, could you let us know the output messages of running this command on Xavier A? Thanks!

nvidia@tegra-ubuntu:~$ nv_aurix_update -get_update_fw_version

To make it clear, I can not access Tegra A (neither RS232, nor Keyboard/Mouse/HDMI (XA-1…XA-4 stays black))
Output on Tegra B:
.Flashed UPDATE fw version 1.24.00.00

Is your system (at least Tegra B) still at DRIVE Software 8.0? I thought you have installed DRIVE Software 10.0.

Could you help to run the command to list out what firmware files are in your tegra b now?
nvidia@tegra-ubuntu:~$ ls -l /lib/firmware/*.hex

OK. We have indeed installed DRIVE 10.0 but since this didnt change anything at all, we flashed DRIVE 8.0 again. We had also tested DRIVE 9.0 with the same effect.

After a meeting with your support team, we were advised to update aurix to the newest version.
Again this had no effect on the bootability of the system.

All the I/O of Tegra A are still not supplied with power.

Please help to install DRIVE Software 10.0 and then run below command to list out what firmware files are in your tegra b. I would like to guide you to read out voltage numbers with updated firmware so we will have more information about your system. Thanks!

nvidia@tegra-ubuntu:~$ ls -l /lib/firmware/*.hex

Since it’s been about 9 months I did some real work with an AGX Dev-Kit, I thought I uninstall SW10 and reinstall it to make sure I did not mess up something. So it turns out it’s still not possible to flash the board (so it behaves the same way as it did some months ago). I attached the log files.

the content of the firmware directory is still the same:

/lib/firmware/as102_data1_st.hex
/lib/firmware/as102_data2_st.hex

SDKM_logs_DRIVE_Software_10.0_Linux_for_DRIVE_AGX_Developer_Kit_2020-06-12_11-27-44.zip.log (1.6 MB)

Hi @canyoupleasefixthis,

Please help to read voltage values with below steps:

#on host, copy below firmware to /lib/firmware of tegra b
~/nvidia/nvidia_sdk/DRIVE_Software_10.0_Linux_OS_DDPX/DRIVEOS/drive-t186ref-linux/targetfs_b/lib/firmware/DRIVE-V5.1.x-E3550-NV-Aurix-UPDATE-StepA-1.29.10.hex
~/nvidia/nvidia_sdk/DRIVE_Software_10.0_Linux_OS_DDPX/DRIVEOS/drive-t186ref-linux/targetfs_b/lib/firmware/DRIVE-V5.1.x-E3550-NV-Aurix-IFW-StepA-1.29.10.hex

#on target
$ nv_aurix_update -i /lib/firmware/DRIVE-V5.1.x-E3550-NV-Aurix-IFW-StepA-1.29.10.hex -u /lib/firmware/DRIVE-V5.1.x-E3550-NV-Aurix-UPDATE-StepA-1.29.10.hex -f 1

#in aurix console
showvoltages

As far as I know, nv people are helping you offline.
Please follow up with them. Thanks!

Please help to read voltage values with below steps:

Shell>showvoltages                                                              
INPUTS:                                                                         
  KL30_VBAT = 12.111 V                                                          
  KL30_POWER = 12.001 V                                                         
  KL15_POWER = 12.097 V                                                         
AURIX:                                                                          
  AURIX_1V3 = 1.253 V                                                           
  AURIX_3V3 = 3.305 V                                                           
  AURIX_5V = 4.985 V                                                            
  CAN1_5V = 5.029 V                                                             
  CAN2_5V = 5.000 V                                                             
  FR_5V = 5.002 V                                                               
  HRNS_GPI = 1.785 V                                                            
SYSTEM:                                                                         
  VBAT_SYS = 12.075 V                                                           
  VBATSYS_ISENSE = 3.193 A                                                      
  SYS_5V = 4.985 V                                                              
  SYS_0V85 = 0.846 V                                                            
  SYS_0V92_1 = 0.949 V                                                          
  SYS_0V92_2 = 0.916 V                                                          
  SYS_1V0 = 0.985 V                                                             
  SYS_1V1_2 = 1.100 V                                                           
  SYS_1V2 = 1.208 V                                                             
  SYS_1V5_2 = 1.514 V                                                           
  SYS_1V8_1 = 1.821 V                                                           
  SYS_1V8_2 = 1.800 V                                                           
  SYS_2V1 = 2.134 V                                                             
  SYS_2V5 = 2.511 V                                                             
  SYS_3V3_1 = 3.318 V                                                           
  SYS_3V3_2 = 3.333 V                                                           
  CE_PREREG = 0.029 V                                                           
Tegra A:                                                                        
  VBAT_TEG = 12.140 V                                                           
  VBATTEG_ISENSE = 2.169 A                                                      
  XA_PREREG = 11.951 V                                                          
  XA_5V = 5.131 V                                                               
  XA_5V_SW = 5.139 V                                                            
  XA_VDD_1V0 = 1.003 V                                                          
  XA_VDD_1V8_AO = 1.802 V                                                       
  XA_VDD_1V8_HS = 1.804 V                                                       
  XA_VDD_1V8_LS = 1.804 V                                                       
  XA_VDD_CPU = 0.003 V                                                          
  XA_VDD_CV = 0.002 V                                                           
  XA_VDD_DDR2 = 1.119 V                                                         
  XA_VDD_DDRQ = 0.609 V                                                         
  XA_VDD_DDR_1V1 = 1.161 V                                                      
  XA_VDD_GPU = 0.002 V                                                          
  XA_VDD_SOC = 0.002 V                                                          
  VBAT_SXMA = 0.043 V                                                           
  VBATSXMA_ISENSE = 0.000 A                                                     
  SXMA_PREREG = 0.071 V                                                         
Tegra B:                                                                        
  XB_PREREG = 11.891 V                                                          
  XB_5V = 5.131 V                                                               
  XB_5V_SW = 5.118 V                                                            
  XB_VDD_1V0 = 1.002 V                                                          
  XB_VDD_1V8_AO = 1.805 V                                                       
  XB_VDD_1V8_HS = 1.805 V                                                       
  XB_VDD_1V8_LS = 1.809 V                                                       
  XB_VDD_CPU = 0.835 V                                                          
  XB_VDD_CV = 0.778 V                                                           
  XB_VDD_DDR2 = 1.112 V                                                         
  XB_VDD_DDRQ = 0.606 V                                                         
  XB_VDD_DDR_1V1 = 1.126 V                                                      
  XB_VDD_GPU = 0.885 V                                                          
  XB_VDD_SOC = 0.914 V                                                          
  VBAT_SXMB = 12.082 V                                                          
  VBATSXMB_ISENSE = 0.010 A                                                     
  SXMB_PREREG = 11.981 V                                                        
CVM:                                                                            
  P1_PREREG = 11.963 V                                                          
  P1_5V = 5.116 V