Problem with Flashing DRIVE Xavier A

Please provide the following info (check/uncheck the boxes after creating this topic):
Software Version
DRIVE OS Linux 5.2.6
DRIVE OS Linux 5.2.6 and DriveWorks 4.0
DRIVE OS Linux 5.2.0
DRIVE OS Linux 5.2.0 and DriveWorks 3.5
NVIDIA DRIVE™ Software 10.0 (Linux)
NVIDIA DRIVE™ Software 9.0 (Linux)
other DRIVE OS version
other

Target Operating System
Linux
QNX
other

Hardware Platform
NVIDIA DRIVE™ AGX Xavier DevKit (E3550)
NVIDIA DRIVE™ AGX Pegasus DevKit (E3550)
other

SDK Manager Version
other

Host Machine Version
native Ubuntu 18.04
other

Hello. I finished downloading and installing every component in the DRIVE 10.0 linux in SDKmanager for xavier A, and when I flash my device, It stops at 99 per cent and instalation at 99.93 per cent. It wont load anymore. Do you have any idea what’s wrong with it?

Dear @Thommy_Dowling,
Please check if you see Thermal alerts on aurix console. If so, please check Reflash 99% , the sdkmange stucks

Hello, the problem with the 99 per cent is fixed. But now it’s not even flashing. It stops at 39/40 per cent. Here are the logs.

SDKM_logs_DRIVE_Software_10.0_(rev.2)_Linux_for_DRIVE_AGX_Developer_Kit_2022-03-28_12-48-15.zip (822.3 KB)

Dear @Thommy_Dowling,
May I know how the 99% installation hang issue got fixed?

I see below in the log

17% donerm: cannot remove '/home/conti/nvidia/nvidia_sdk/DRIVE_Software_10.0_Linux_OS_DRIVE_AGX_XAVIER/DRIVEOS/drive-t186ref-foundation/tools/host/flashtools/bootburn_t19x/_temp_dump/_temp_dump_grkEWQPFCU/flash-images': Directory not empty

Flashing process exited with error 5
Error in flashing!
pdkinstaller cannot continue! Check the log file for details: /home/conti/nvidia/nvidia_sdk/DRIVE_Software_10.0_Linux_OS_DRIVE_AGX_XAVIER/DRIVEOS/pdkinstaller/pdkinstaller.log

Could you share /pdkinstaller.log as well?

Firstly I rebooted the Drive Xavier and my pc

I used the command in the terminal
Sudo putty
Then chose serial - comm speed 115200 and ttyUSB3 as the door that I want to communicate for a dev terminal
I used the following commands

tegrarecovery x2 on

tegrareset x2

and It was fine. Ill look for the files youre asking for :)

Dear @Thommy_Dowling,
Please confirm if you have Thermal alert issue first? If so, the above used command only allows to reset only Tegra B and not Tegra A. So flashing Tegra B should work .

pdkinstaller.log (1.7 MB)

Dear @Thommy_Dowling,
It is confusing as you said flashing was successful earlier. Please do the following and update the status

1. Remove ~/.nvsdkm folder to get fresh flashing logs.
  2. Please perform hard reboot of host and target.
  3. Connect to aurix from host using sudo minicom -D /dev/ttyUSB3 Confirm if you see thermal messages on aurix console?
  4. Put the target in recovery mode before Thermal alert message is encountered. You can restart the target again and connect to aurix console and run below commands before Thermal alert messages comes on aurix console.
sudo minicom -D /dev/ttyUSB3
tegrarecovery x2 on # puts Tegra B in recovery mode. Use x1 for Tegra A
tegrareset x2  #resets Tegra B. Use x1 for Tegra A
  1. I notice you have B03 based board. Please confirm it. Do the manual flashing of Tegra B like below. Check Flashing the board section in DRIVE SW 10.0 documentation(/path/to/DRIVE_Software_Docs/DRIVE_Software/drive_os/index.html#page/DRIVE%2520Linux%2520DDP%2520PDK%2520Development%2520Guide%2FFlashing%2520Customization%2Fflash_xavier.html%23wwpID0E04D0HA) .
# binding the image
cd <top>/drive-t186ref-foundation
make -f Makefile.bind PCT=linux BOARD=<platform> #use platform value as e3550b03-t194b( for B03 based boards) or e3550b01-t194b ( for b01 based boards)
#To flash the image on Tegra B
cd <top>/drive-t186ref-foundation/
tools/host/flashtools/bootburn_t19x/bootburn.sh -b e3550b03-t194b -B qspi
  1. If 5 is performed , we need to put the Tegra B back in normal mode
sudo minicom -D /dev/ttyUSB3
tegrarecovery x2 off
tegrareset x2
  1. Please repeat steps 4,5,6 if you need to flash Tegra A as well. Note that you need to use Tegra A parameters in commands
  2. Please share all the aurix command/ binding/flashing command logs in case you se any issue.

Hello, I followed your steps. But after I turn off the recovery mode and reset the Tegra, after 10 seconds the thermal warnings show up again. Itŝ’s impossible for me to flash the SW drive 10.0 with that warning (With sdkmanager)

Dear @Thommy_Dowling,
But after I turn off the recovery mode and reset the Tegra, after 10 seconds the thermal warnings show up again

You need to turnoff recovery mode after flashing target. Were you able to set the target in recovery mode in the 10 sec gap? If so, please do the command line flashing as shared earlier.

I turned on recovery mode with the commands:

tegrarecovery x2 on
tegrareset x2

Followed the step 5 succesfully. It appeard at Tegra B was flashed.

Then followed the step 6 and the thermal messages showed up again. It’s not showing any GUI on my dev screen nor is possible to flash the DRIVE 10.0 in my dev with sdkmanager

Dear @Thommy_Dowling,
It appeard at Tegra B was flashed

How did you confirm if flashing is successful? Did you see bootburn is succussful message in the end in the terminal? Could you attach the flashing command logs?

It’s not showing any GUI on my dev screen nor is possible to flash the DRIVE 10.0 in my dev with sdkmanager

You mean after flashing Tegra B is not booting? You can not flash with sdkmanager as the target is in recovery mode. Also, You need to put the target back into normal mode to get access to the target for verification.

10:14:13 INFO: Flash Xavier A+B in parallel - flash: Aurix port /dev/ttyUSB3 found. Fetching board revision from InfoROM …

10:14:18 INFO: Flash Xavier A+B in parallel - flash: Failed to bind partitions!

10:14:18 INFO: Flash Xavier A+B in parallel - flash: pdkinstaller cannot continue! Check the log file for details: /home/conti/nvidia/nvidia_sdk/DRIVE_Software_10.0_Linux_OS_DRIVE_AGX_XAVIER/DRIVEOS/pdkinstaller/pdkinstaller.log

10:14:18 INFO: Flash Xavier A+B in parallel - flash: [ NV_FLASH_XAVIER_PDKFLASH_PARALLEL_COMP Install took 3m12s ]

10:14:18 ERROR: Flash Xavier A+B in parallel - flash: command terminated with error

10:14:18 SUMMARY: Flash Xavier A+B in parallel - flash: First Error: Installation failed.

10:14:19 DEBUG: running command < true >

10:14:19 INFO: command finished successfully

10:14:19 DEBUG: DRIVE Linux Release Notes - target_image: using adapter to install NV_DRIVE_LINUX_RELEASE_NOTES@DDPX to /home/conti/nvidia/nvidia_sdk/DRIVE_Software_10.0_Linux_OS_DRIVE_AGX_XAVIER

10:14:19 INFO: DRIVE Linux Release Notes - target_image: change working directory to /home/conti/nvidia/nvidia_sdk/DRIVE_Software_10.0_Linux_OS_DRIVE_AGX_XAVIER/documentations/drive_linux_release_notes/

10:14:19 INFO: DRIVE Linux Release Notes - target_image: command finished successfully

pdkinstaller.log (15.6 KB)

SDKM_logs_DRIVE_Software_10.0_(rev.2)_Linux_for_DRIVE_AGX_Developer_Kit_2022-03-31_10-11-01.zip (821.9 KB)

I tried to flash it with recovery mode on and it’s still not working.

Yes it appeard as successful at the end of the terminal, i’m not sure how to get the logs to show you though.

Dear @Thommy_Dowling,
I tried to flash it with recovery mode on and it’s still not working

It was a typo in my previous message. If the target in recovery mode, sdkmanager may fail as it tries to put the target in recovery mode before flashing.

Do not use sdkmanager for flashing. Let us stick to manual flashing to identify the route cause. I assume you have successfully installed all the components using sdkmanager and hitting issues with just flashing.

10:14:13 INFO: Flash Xavier A+B in parallel - flash: Aurix port /dev/ttyUSB3 found. Fetching board revision from InfoROM …

10:14:18 INFO: Flash Xavier A+B in parallel - flash: Failed to bind partition

The logs that you have shared seems be from the parallel flashing using sdkmanager. But, I am asking to share the logs of Step 5. Also, Lets try to flash the Tegras independently via command line.

Ok. Sorry, I hadn’t understood that part.

I typed the command, I don’t really know how to get the log, but I managed to paste the output in a document for you to see it.

I hope that’s enough.

Log - Flash.odt (32.0 KB)

Dear @Thommy_Dowling,
Thanks for sharing. It seems there is some issue with creating filesystem image

Creating Filesystem image for partition gos1-fs
:[E]: QbCreateFSImages                   :  641: Error (null) (0xffffffff)
:[E]: Error in accessing fs source path /home/conti/nvidia/nvidia_sdk/DRIVE_Software_10.0_Linux_OS_DRIVE_AGX_XAVIER/DRIVEOS/drive-t186ref-linux/targetfs
:[E]: QbFindAndCreateImages              : 1018: Error (null) (0xffffffff)
:[E]: FSImage creation failed
:[E]: QbCreatePartition                  : 1497: Error (null) (0xffffffff)
:[E]: failed to find and create images
Failed to create partitions
:[E]: main                               :  784: Error (null) (0xffffffff)
:[E]: Creating Partition images failed

Is the host connected to internet and the host has enough space in $HOME?

Yes, it is connected to the internet and it has enough space, I just checked it. As I told you before, I managed to flash the DRIVE OS 5.6.2 with driveworks 4.0 and now i’m trying to downgrade to DRIVE 10.0, and only now its presenting some flash problems :(

Hello. Here’s an update.

I was a bit frustrated. It was flashing in recovery mode with sdkmanager until certain point, but then the flashing breaks. So what I did
Rebooted once again the Nvidia Drive XAVIER
Right at the start, opened putty with USB3
Put it on recovery mode

tegrarecovery x2 on
tegrareset x2

Went to the folder ~/nvidia/nvidia_sdk/DRIVE_Software_10.0_Linux_OS_DDPX/DRIVEOS/drive-t186ref-foundation/tools/host/flashtools/flash/t18x/rcmkernel
Replaced the folders down below inside the folder

5.1.6.1_dtb_files_with_USB_fix.zip (134.1 KB)

And it worked!

Here’s the Logs if you need it

SDKM_logs_DRIVE_Software_10.0_(rev.2)_Linux_for_DRIVE_AGX_Developer_Kit_2022-03-31_14-36-53.zip (852.6 KB)

I would like to thank you for your patience. I was a bit confused at first. Thanks for the help!

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.