Xavier NX hard disc space

Just installing jetpack on a Xavier NX hocked-up to Jetson Nano board.
It was a little fiddly but in the end I got it working - however, it’s hard disk is only 14.7 GBytes, from which the sytem uses roughly 5 Gbytes (after removing applications like the games and office installed), jetpack another 8, leaving only 1.7 GBytes left. Which is way too low to add all the libraries, code repositories etc I need.
Any advice? Is it e.g. possible to remove parts of jetpack that I don’t use?

Got my Xavier NX two days ago. I also find space very low. I managed today to connect a 500GB USB SSD and boot from it.

my worklow is certainly not optimal but the steps to get it to boot from USB was roughly

-Install all you want with sdk manager on emmc
-Format SSD with ext4
-copy all files from emmc to SSD
-call sudo ./flash.sh p3449-0000+p3668-0001-qspi-emmc sda1 (jetson with connected USB SSD in recovery mode)
-reboot and it should boot from SSD

I made quite alot of experiments to get it boot from SSD and hope I didn’t forget an important step.

reproduced the workflow and the above steps was reproducable. But one think i want to mention. If you want back to emmc boot you have first to call

sudo ./flash.sh p3449-0000+p3668-0001-qspi-emmc mmcblk0p1

after that you can work with sdk manager again to install e.g. jetson sdk packages.
One additional info the jetson OS alone without any jetson sdk packages installed takes aroung 5GB and leave about 8.5GB free space on emmc drive.

Hi,

Here is the steps to enable rootfs on external drive. Actually, it is similar as yours so I think no need to change your steps.

First of all, thank you for all the help. I had a bit of try-and-error, the following worked for me:

1. Flash the system using SDK-manager, complete Ubuntu-installation. Installation of SDK components can be done later though.
  2. On the NX: copy all files to usb-disk/-stick (which should be formatted with ext4) using sudo cp / <adress_of_stick> -arp && sync
  3. Restart NX into recovery-mode
  4. In the directory where NVIDIA downloaded jetpack on the hostcomputer (~/nvidia/nvidia_sdk/JetPack…): execute ./flash.sh p3449-0000+p3668-0001-qspi-emmc sda1
  5. Should reboot automatically