Xavier NX - SDK installation on eMMC, out of storage

Hallo,
I’ve purchased an Xavier NX module with a waveshare carrier board. Through the SDK software i’ve managed to install the Linux OS but unfortunately when i try to install the SDK Developement packages (such as CUDA, cuDNN) the Jetson is running out of storage.
How is it possible, the eMMC storage is 16 GB and the target needed space is 15 GB ?
Any suggestions?

Thank you in advance !

Sorry for that, we suggest to directly flash the OS and jetpack to nvme drive. Sdkmanager is able to do that after jp4.6.1 too, see NVMe: GitHub - jetsonhacks/rootOnNVMe: Switch the rootfs to a NVMe SSD on the Jetson Xavier NX and Jetson AGX Xavier

Or you can boot from the usb drive, see:
https://docs.nvidia.com/jetson/archives/r34.1/DeveloperGuide/text/SD/FlashingSupport.html#flashing-to-a-usb-drive

Thank you for your reply!
In both cases (referring to the previous post), initially the kernel image must be loaded from the eMMC storage or the SD card (depending on the Jetson module).
In our case, the SDK components (CUDA, cuDNN) cannot be installed to the eMMC due to lack of capacity.
Is it possible to boot from the eMMC and then mount an external NVMe drive (or an external USB) and install the SDK components?
Any suggestions?

Thank you in advance!

Yes, that is feasible. Which jetpack release version are you using?

Thank you for your reply!
I have installed JetPack 5.0.2( rev1).
Any suggestions?

Thank you in advance!

Found a solution that worked for me!
I managed to boot the Jetson Xavier NX module from an external SSD and install the rest of the SDK components (e.g cuda, cuDNN, etc.). The steps that i followed are presented below:

1. Install the Jetpack 4.5.1 OS image through the SDK manager.
  2. In order to boot from USB, follow the procedure as described in the attached link GitHub - JetsonHacksNano/bootFromUSB: Boot NVIDIA Nano Jetson Developer Kit from a mass storage USB device (Jetson Nano devices A02, B01, 2GB and possibly Jetson TX1).
  3. To install the SDK components, the jetson was set on recovery mode and followed the instructions to install the rest of the SDK components from the SDK manager, (through automatic install due to that the jetson module has already been flashed).

Hope that helps!

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.